*****Ultimate Football Manager 11*****

Permabanned
The best by far, unsurprisingly because they've been improving the same game for almost 20 years. It used to be called Championship Manager, but the developer lost the right to the name from their publisher.

Soldato
Been clucking to get my hands on a Football management sim again!

Is this any good?

Best Football sim out there presently?

So they update the players, through updates?

I would maybe wait for 2011 if you are going to get it which comes out Latest December but its usually around November.

They usually do three patches an early one to fix some bugs, another to fix some bugs later on and then one after the January window for all the transfers and some bugs.

Don
I had a couple of months off this game but just resumed my Spurs game (now in 2016) won every major honour but still enjoying dominating :)

My team is fantastic, not so young anymore but still have the likes of Sakho, Sanchez, Marin, Belfodil, Neymar, Lukaku, Pastore, Hazard etc etc

BUT Ronaldo's contract was due to expire so I've snapped him up :D He's 31 now so will be 32 probably by the time he plays for me but for a couple of seasons he should rip it up, he wants to for 245k a week mind!

Caporegime
Anyone fancy trying out a tactic?

Tactic is here - http://goo.gl/aCdAg

It's a combination of cragswfc's version of the Il Devasto tactic found some where in here and the use of laffles legends positions. Specifically Pele in the STL position (here) and Lothar Emmerich in both wing positions (here). The Il Devasto tactic is easily the best I've ever used for this game (FM11).

Match prep - Team blend & very high until everything is fluid, and then just normal or what ever the default is on team blend.

Team talks - 'You have faith' before matches, then what ever at half time or just Ass man if winning.

OI - This is where I am not sure, against bigger teams, Chelsea, City & Man U I find using Ass man works fine. Other teams just pin point there strongest players.

Corner takers - Right footed takes left sided, left footed takes right sided corners.

Player roles

STR - This is a poacher, so acceleration, pace, finishing, first touch, technique, dribbling, composure and maybe anticipation & positioning / off the ball. Pretty much all you need to worry about.

STL (Pele role) - Complete all around forward or AMC. Think Kaka, Rooney, Rossi, Neymar, Torres. Dribbling, finishing, first touch, passing (big must), technique, creativity, decisions.

In laffles thread he says about playing this person as the target man (to feet) & playmaker. I'm having mixed success with doing that at the moment.

Just a hint if you can, buy Hamsik and re-train him as a striker. Play him in the Pele role or poacher position and you'll be laughing. He can become one of the best in the game.

WR & WL (Emmerich role) - Right footed on left and left footed on right. Position to cut inside a lot, but you still want good crossing, obviously dribbling, passing (big must), technique, acceleration, pace, decisions, creativity is also good. Think Hulk, Sanchez, Young, Ronaldo

DCL - This is the default position for the best headering player. They attack near post.

I'll post some of my results and screenshots later on when I get back home. :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Here is a screenshot of fixtures from an Everton save. Started using the tactic from below the blue line starting with the Fulham game.

OKfQx

Soldato
Going to give your tactic a bash Azza , i am in the second season with newcastle and managed to sell a lot of the crap and bring some decent players in but still getting annoyed when i dominate a game and end up drawing :mad: i played cardiff earlier who came up and drew 1-1 and had a **** load of chances they had 3 attempts all together and scored 1 :p , patch 11.3 is sweet with newcastle you have 20mil to spend unlike in real life cheers fat mike :rolleyes:.

Soldato
Going to give your tactic a bash Azza , i am in the second season with newcastle and managed to sell a lot of the crap and bring some decent players in but still getting annoyed when i dominate a game and end up drawing :mad: i played cardiff earlier who came up and drew 1-1 and had a **** load of chances they had 3 attempts all together and scored 1 :p , patch 11.3 is sweet with newcastle you have 20mil to spend unlike in real life cheers fat mike :rolleyes:.

Newcastle is such a laugh! Get to rebuild an entire team that just is weirdly improbable...

I have Neymar and Hazard :D

Soldato
I've downloaded that tactic and I'm going to give a spin with my title winning Everton side. I usually play a 4-4-1-1, but its starting to feel bland for me now.

Caporegime
Been playing around with the playmaker / target man stuff. And I've found that if you have some one who isn't that quick, set him as both but change the target man supply to, 'to feet', if they're a quick forward keep it as 'run onto the ball'.

If you're STR is really quick, set him as the target man and keep it as 'run onto ball'. Might find that your STL will try and feed in quite a few balls.

Pretty much just try and play around with them and see how it suits your team.

Soldato
Azza i tried the tactic on a different save to my newcastle game and it seemed pretty good but i only tried 6 games because i wanted to get the second season finished on my newcastle save which i came second 3 points behind the arsenal lost in the quarters of league and fa cup to city & chelsea and got knocked out the europa league to palermo which was a crazy couple of games that i should have won home & away but we couldnt hit a barn door in either games :mad: and for the start of season 3 this the team i am likely to use & rotate .

2lt0d35.jpg

orlbpy.jpg

Kevin gameiro was great last season but i need another top striker as i only have him and vuckic now and vuckic isnt good enough yet he is improving but along way off being a starter i did have dembele but he didnt cut it so sold him , i was interested in neymar but they turned down over 24mil in monthly payments and i dont have more money (surprised fat mike has given me 18 mil :p ) i might try and get sturridge or welbeck on season loan with a view to buying either if they turn out good i also did consider balotelli but dont want to ruin the good team spirit we have :p:p;) also there is talk of a takeover but not sure if it will happen or if it would be better for me .

Don
Gah, this game is mad. I was up to 2018 with my Spurs game, I had won 6 consecutive league titles and league cups, numerous FA cups, the Champions League, etc etc

I got a new contract handed to me the end of the season just gone and started 2018/19 season, my squad is full of insane talent so I have no reason to move elsewhere, enjoying it and want to continue.

Just beat Man U 3 -2 away with two goals in 90th min, all smiles around then this:

Sack.jpg

My stats:

Stats-1.jpg

How could I possibly get sacked? Fans and chairman have always been happy, how could they not? My record is amazing.

Really annoyed, this would never happen in RL!!

Soldato
Andybtsn that is retarded :mad: i would have been fuming and steve bruce & sammy lee as your potential successor give me a break LOL , there was talk of a takeover on my newcastle game and it was said that new owners would appoint someone else but the takeover didnt happen but now its rumoured again so i might get the boot :p .

Soldato
Half way through the 3rd season with Villa in my game. In my first season I won the league in a rollercoster of a season, 2nd season was absolutely epic, won the treble and must had spent hours of gameplay in that season, before the start of the 3rd season Barca came and offered me a job, was so tempted but decided to stay on as Villa boss as I have a very young squad and want to see them grow and spent a lot of time building this club and team, now half way through and the team are performing very poorly :( have managed to scrape wins, just beat Arsenal 3-2 in the last minute somehow, but the defence has gone wayward, mostly because of Joe Lewis forgetting his talents and the strikers don't seem to want to score, bought Luis Suarez and he seems to be better in the wing then in front of goal! and Agbonlahor my main man has forgotten where the goal is! Lying in fourth place 11 points behind Arsenal but have 2 games in hand and on the plus side won the World Club championship.

Current squad below, pretty happy with it but gonna make some changes in January, already bought two young goalies who will be coming in Jan, and some players like the ungrateful idiot Joe Mattock will be getting shipped out.

villafmteam.jpg

Squad net spend has only been around £40mil in the last 3 seasons. Have around £30mil to spend in January, but dunno who to buy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom