Ultrac Sessantas..

Soldato
I'm in the market for some new front tyres and have seen the Ultrac Sessanta tyres seem to be quite good. I need 225/40/18s and they work out about £40 cheaper than Eagle F1 assys... I do a fair few miles so tyre wear is a factor, don't want to have to shell out for new tyres too often and have heard the F1s are noisier, especially when getting older!

Just wondering if anyone has got an experience with them? Is it worth getting these over the F1s?

Caporegime
Last longer than F1's, mine haven't really got any louder over time, great wet and dry grip, shocked they are £40 cheaper i've not looked in a while but i was under the impression it was only £15 per tyre our days.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Put 4 on the CTR and done a couple of thousand hard miles on them. No tyres seems to be strong when setting off on a wet road i nthe CTR, but the sessantas certainly hold well in the corners even when it's wet.

They aren't that loud, in fact they get quieter. They do stink for a while too, but that may depend if you drive like me ;) They were £70 each for me from Camskill (215/40/R17), so very much worth it.

Soldato
i have had 2 sets of rears on my 330i sport, fantastic tyres, first set lasted about 9-10k hard miles which was amazing considering the abuse i give them, rate them very highly and arent overly loud considering they are in 255/35/18. Far far far better than the eagle F1s i had imo.

Tom.

Caporegime
mine have done about 9k and are due for replacement

they are down in the low 2s of mm of tread left. Maybe get another few hundread miles out of them, but dont really want to leave it too much longer before replacing given the legal limit is 1.6mm

Cant praise them highly enough. Almost as good as the F1s, but are cheaper and last longer. Win Win scenario.

Caporegime
I have these on my M3, they are good.

interesting

Evo Drove a 335i recently that had vredsteins fitted and it had some handling issues.

It wasnt one of their cars and was one loaned by a reader for a feature they mused if the sessantas was the reason for it feeling "vague"

Nice to hear another happy BMW owner with them.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
Mate had some of these fitted on his Focus RS recentley and didnt rate them in comparison to his F1s. Agreed these dont wear as quickly but i think he will be going back :)

Sam

Back
Top Bottom