Unable to delete folders/files in my documents folder.

X82

X82

Associate
All my documents (and my wife's) are stored on another drive. The structure is

F:\Dropbox\Husband\Documents

or

F:\Dropbox\Wife\Documents

Everything in my folder acts normal, I can delete, rename etc. Everything in my wife's folder, I can't delete, change, rename and neither can she on her profile either. I've changed the properties on Documents, added her as owner, full control etc (we are both admins). Yet neither of us can delete anything. Right clicking and deleting or hitting delete on the keyboard does nothing.

So I tried powershell.

If I try to delete a directory it says:

F:\Dropbox\Wife's Documents\ROBO is an NTFS junction point. Use the Force parameter to delete or modify this object.

So if I use the force parameter, yup it deletes. But I don't want to have to do this in powershell for all single files she wants removing. I want it to behave like normal, click delete, gone.

If I move any file or folder to the root of the drive F: I can then delete it. It does allow me to move folders/files, just not delete them.

If I were to make a guess, I could say these junction points are from OneDrive (which we no longer use, but did) If I create a folder in her documents, I can delete it no problem. It seems I need to re-create everything.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Back
Top Bottom