Unable to install RAID drivers in Win 10 (Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite)

Soldato
Hi Folks,

Downloaded the RAID drivers, and when I try to install I get "System configuration is not compatible for RAID drives or applications installation".

I've got the RAID array configured in the BIOS, CSM disabled, and the controller mode is in RAID not AHCI...

Running Windows 10 Pro 1909, latest MB BIOS.... any ideas?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi Folks,

Downloaded the RAID drivers, and when I try to install I get "System configuration is not compatible for RAID drives or applications installation".

I've got the RAID array configured in the BIOS, CSM disabled, and the controller mode is in RAID not AHCI...

Running Windows 10 Pro 1909, latest MB BIOS.... any ideas?

After you've enabled RAID in the bios, you need to reboot back to the bios again, you'll have a new menu in there somewhere called RAID Xpert2, you need to set up your raid configuration in there, ie which drives you want to include, RAID 0,1,10, caches etc, then when back in Windows you should now be able to install the AMD Raid package.

Soldato
OP
After you've enabled RAID in the bios, you need to reboot back to the bios again, you'll have a new menu in there somewhere called RAID Xpert2, you need to set up your raid configuration in there, ie which drives you want to include, RAID 0,1,10, caches etc, then when back in Windows you should now be able to install the AMD Raid package.

thanks for the reply - but I had already done that.

Soldato
OP
I've got round this, bit hacky.

Took the downloadable drivers for a windows install and just used device manager to search for the driver in that download pack

Associate
Sorry to open this old thread, but I'm having the same issue and was hoping you could walk me through your solution? I'm not seeing any unknown devices in Device Manager, though I do see the discrete drives that make up my array. Can you tell me specifically how to load the RAID drivers manually?

Soldato
I have just setup a raid 1 with Windows 10 on a Asus x390 motherboard. After building the array through the raid bios no raid drivers were required and Windows installed as normal...

Associate
I fixed it. For the x570, apparently, even if I’m not installing windows on a raid drive I need to load the RAID drivers during the Windows install itself. This is because once I switch NVME into “raid mode” in the bios all drives are considered raid drives (even ones designated “non-raid mode” in BIOS.)

After installing Windows this way all further driver installation proceeded as normal.

Caporegime
I've got round this, bit hacky.

Took the downloadable drivers for a windows install and just used device manager to search for the driver in that download pack
What Raid configuration are you running and is the array bootable or not? Typically you load the raid drivers prior to windows installation.

This is all explained in the Raid documentation.

Back
Top Bottom