Unai says goodbye, Mikel says hello

Soldato
It seems the press are increasing the pressure on Unai. We have the captain debacle, the way he choose Granit, and the backlash from him swearing at the fans last weekend. Now they're running Mourinho stories and rumours of the kids at the club openly doing impressions of him. Then there was one of the directors apparently saying they were better off under Wenger. I thought he would at least get until the end of the season but now I wonder if he will make the New Year.

Soldato
I want him to stay till end of this season at least

Mourinho is a definite no at arsenal!! good lord all the youngsters will go back in there development under Mourinho no thanks!

Caporegime
I want him to stay till end of this season at least

Mourinho is a definite no at arsenal!! good lord all the youngsters will go back in there development under Mourinho no thanks!
Haha not only that, we will go back even further under him. Plus he’s a chequebook manager and we haven’t got unlimited funds like Chelsea, Utd and City.
Plus I don’t think the fans would be keen on him due to his past tensions with Wenger.
As for Xhaka?? Seems like he has apologised for what happened last weekend. Which is fair enough but the sickening social media abuse he got was uncalled for.
Personally I’ve never thought much of him since he came, he’s had a few decent games but majority of his games haven’t been great.
The other day on sky sports news they put up a statistic on Xhaka. When he starts our win percentage is around 50-ish percent but without him it rises to 70-ish percent. So that begs the question why the hell is Emery playing such a liability?? He is no way shape or form good enough to be captain. I mean Mustafi gets enough hatred as it is but he’s not captain is he??
I don’t think we really have anyone that is “captain” material but no way should Xhaka be captain. After the debacle last weekend, he’s not fit to be captain.

Soldato
Haha not only that, we will go back even further under him. Plus he’s a chequebook manager and we haven’t got unlimited funds like Chelsea, Utd and City.
Plus I don’t think the fans would be keen on him due to his past tensions with Wenger.
As for Xhaka?? Seems like he has apologised for what happened last weekend. Which is fair enough but the sickening social media abuse he got was uncalled for.
Personally I’ve never thought much of him since he came, he’s had a few decent games but majority of his games haven’t been great.
The other day on sky sports news they put up a statistic on Xhaka. When he starts our win percentage is around 50-ish percent but without him it rises to 70-ish percent. So that begs the question why the hell is Emery playing such a liability?? He is no way shape or form good enough to be captain. I mean Mustafi gets enough hatred as it is but he’s not captain is he??
I don’t think we really have anyone that is “captain” material but no way should Xhaka be captain. After the debacle last weekend, he’s not fit to be captain.
Most of the games he doesn't start are against Sunday pub teams.you can swing a stat anyway you want without context.

Just look at the result yesterday without him...

Associate
If Mourinho was ever seriously linked to Arsenal, and I think that is unlikely, I would hope the fanbase show their disapproval. For me personally, that would be the one appointment where I would feel obliged to take a break from watching Arsenal - that guy is bankrupt in every way, and appointing him would go against everything Arsenal is meant to stand for.

Underboss
I would rather stick with Emery and finish 6th-10th and have Aura and Laca leave next season than have that man anywhere near the club.

He is poison.

Caporegime
We are a poisonous club though, our fans boo the captain and shout abuse at our players as they make their way home.
You do realise why he was booed right?? The abuse some of our fans give it our players is uncalled for. But when your damn captain is walking off slowly when being subbed, too ******* right he should be booed.
The club isn’t poison, what’s poisonous is a few select players and an absolutely turd of a manager.
God if Mourinho is ever appointed arsenal coach, I’d stop watching Arsenal. He has lost his aura/magic and now is just a poisonous toad.

Soldato
OP
You do realise why he was booed right?? The abuse some of our fans give it our players is uncalled for. But when your damn captain is walking off slowly when being subbed, too ******* right he should be booed.
The club isn’t poison, what’s poisonous is a few select players and an absolutely turd of a manager.
God if Mourinho is ever appointed arsenal coach, I’d stop watching Arsenal. He has lost his aura/magic and now is just a poisonous toad.

That's quite a hateful post, with many contradictions.. "Booing is uncalled for, but too ***** right he should be booed. The club isn't poisoned but some players are and the manager is a absolute turd.."
I'm not sure you would be missed if you stopped supporting the club tbh.

So doubling down on the poison is the solution...nah.

It's more a case of be careful what you wish for. The club booted out its most successful manager, now we are a club without meaningful leadership crying out for a manager who can galvanise the club again.

Caporegime
It would be peak arsenal to replace a negative manager with an even more negative one.

I’d honesty rather Wenger back than Mourinho.

I want Rodgers. Just give him whatever he wants.

And Rebel, don’t start attacking fellow fans. We had enough of that crap during Wengers reign. All of us want the best for our club, but we have different ideas on how to achieve that.

Underboss
New thread, that confused me for a second.

Unai isn't the manager we need but Jose certainly isn't.

We have a great squad (in places) we should be easily top four, his tactics and reading of the game are disastrous and we haven't improved at all under him.

Gone by January transfer window, but if it's a case of him or Jose, I'd rather we kept him and didn't give him a renewal at the end of the season.

Caporegime
I don't believe he is a real fan.
What utter nonsense lol. You don’t believe I’m a real fan?? Because I said when your captain walks off slowly when being subbed, he rightly should be booed?? Damn right he should, when we had to win the game he decided to take the proverbial then decides to tell fans to **** off.
But that’s ok with you right RIGHT?? And that makes you a real fan lol.

Btw when I said players shouldn’t be subjected to abuse, I meant after the game. My fault I should have clarified that more clearly but I would have thought you would understand what I was trying to say. But my fault for assuming you did.

As for Mourinho?? Nope not a chance in hell would I want him and I wouldn’t bother watching Arsenal under him. As Josh above said I’d rather us keep Emery till end of the season then start looking for a new coach etc.
The team we have is more than capable of getting top4 but with Emery like last season, I just don’t see it happening. But I’m hoping that somehow our fortunes change in the next few games.
As for Wenger?? He had to go, he was getting stale and the team as well. But sadly with Emery we just haven’t kicked on even though we bought a few players this summer. Players that should improve our team but aren’t due to Emery and his bizarre tactics.

Don
And Yas said the club isn't poisonous :p

This whole defence of Arsenal fan's actions, that he was booed for walking slowly off the pitch, is a load of rubbish too. When his number went up there was a clear celebration from a section of Arsenal fans. The same fans that no doubt booed Eboue off all those years ago too. Those fans turned on Xhaka long before he decided to walk off the pitch slowly.

Soldato
OP
You talk about not watching and not supporting the team if someone you don't like becomes the manager. You criticise the players and coach. If you are a supporter I'd hate to be sitting next to you at the games.

Back
Top Bottom