Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy on PC - mid-2022

Soldato
Hold forward and x. That is the entire game completed. I didn't understand the hype at all.

Graphics nice. Everything else lacking.

Associate
Hold forward and x. That is the entire game completed. I didn't understand the hype at all.

Graphics nice. Everything else lacking.

I think you do the series a bit of a disservice with such a dismissive perspective.

Whilst not being the "deepest" of series they all have a sense of swashbuckling adventure and intrigue that asks little more than your attention and quick reflexes.

For those who want something more substantial...they aren't lacking choice right now, but for those that wanted/want an Indiana Jones-esque slice of tense globe hopping adventure, Uncharted knocked it into orbit.

Soldato
Lots of companies that are creatively bankrupt or unwilling to take a risk on a new IP are looking in the cupboard and "remastering" their old stuff to sell again. We've also seen companies take their console exclusives from years back and have what they consider a surprise success on the PC as a "new" platform. I will not be surprised to see this trend continue as companies realise it's easy money to port some old (but loved games) to a new platform that's worth at least as much money as PS/XB.

In fact, it seems bizarre that they were willing to throw that market and the money it could bring in the bin, and that seems to be changing going forwards. If you see any of the upcoming games lists, there's very few that are going to be exclusive to one/both consoles and not also launch on the PC.

Soldato
Lots of companies that are creatively bankrupt or unwilling to take a risk on a new IP are looking in the cupboard and "remastering" their old stuff to sell again. We've also seen companies take their console exclusives from years back and have what they consider a surprise success on the PC as a "new" platform. I will not be surprised to see this trend continue as companies realise it's easy money to port some old (but loved games) to a new platform that's worth at least as much money as PS/XB.

In fact, it seems bizarre that they were willing to throw that market and the money it could bring in the bin, and that seems to be changing going forwards. If you see any of the upcoming games lists, there's very few that are going to be exclusive to one/both consoles and not also launch on the PC.

The PC and Xbox are are under the same Xbox ecosystem any new Xbox game studio games are automatically on both platforms.

Soldato
Wouldn't mind playing through the whole series at 60fps if true, not perfect games but pretty enjoyable action adventures with some Indy vibes abd I have fond memories of the series.

It's been a while, I played 1&2 at their release on the PS3 and didn't play 3 because my console died. 4 I also played around release.

Soldato
I think you do the series a bit of a disservice with such a dismissive perspective.

Whilst not being the "deepest" of series they all have a sense of swashbuckling adventure and intrigue that asks little more than your attention and quick reflexes.

I was perhaps a little harsh on the story perspective. The characters are well voice acted. But it felt like I was on rails. Quite fair to say you are pressing up/forward and X - 85% of the time though. I would describe it more like an interactive movie than a game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom