1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unhappy 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darreny, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Pawnless Endgame

Capodecina

It's really crap when unlucky things happen in close succession. A few years ago, me being laid off and me losing my Gran happened within a few weeks of each other. What added salt to the wound though is when I put the phone down from hearing that my Gran died, my phone rang again immediately, this time from a potential employer to tell me that I didn't get the job.

2. darreny

Mobster

I explained it a bit bad. I had a pain in my chest that felt a little like a chest infection so went to the walk in centre, they checked everything except bloods because they can't and did an ECG which came back normal, they suggested I go to A and E purely because of family history. I ignored that at first and went home. Picked all my tools up the next day and did shopping then decided to go to A and E as the feeling was still there and that's when they did the blood test.
    Time for a lifestyle change tho

3. lakitu

Man of Honour

Really sorry to hear your bad news! Hope your luck improves. My Dad, Grandad and Great Grandad have all had heart attacks in their 40's and it's really worrying. I'm only 36 but It plays on my mind.

4. darreny

Mobster

Have you your cholesterol checked

5. Haggisman

Capodecina

Sending condolences from another overclocker laid up in hospital with a chest infection and accidental paracetamol overdose.

The worst thing about it is it was my little boy's birthday today, and he hardly got anything as we've all been bed bound with flu for a week, definitely owe him a good one when we're all recovered!

6. darreny

Mobster

Sorry to hear that. Im really missing my 2 being in here

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  7. Haggisman

Capodecina

Yeah it sucks, at least I know he's home safe and sound with his mum and gran (and hopefully not too traumatised at seeing me with tubes hanging out of my arms!)

8. darreny

Mobster

We have a guy on our ward keeps going over to patients while they're sleeping so I'm sleeping with one eye open tonight. Don't fancy waking up with him stood over me

9. Vargas

Mobster

Sending my best to you two guys in hospital.

That bloke sounds well creepy, what do the staff say about him bothering people?

10. darreny

Mobster

They just keep putting him back in bed. He singled one out in particular thinking it's his wife in bed. It's a shame really

11. Roar87

Mobster