United Kingdom to USA Parcel.

Caporegime
Friend needs to post a parcel to the USA from Northern Ireland, he needs it to be collect only at a post office or whatever they have in america and not delivered to a house address or office, does anyone have a clue if this is possible and who to use for such a service?

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
"he needs it to be collect only and not delivered to an address at a Post Office or whatever it is they will have in America"

Your statement makes no sense.

True, let me re word that.

It needs to be a collect only parcel from a certain post office/depot whatever.

Not delivered to house address/office whatever.

Soldato
You address your parcel as directed in that link, once you've found the correct post office in the city you're posting to. Include a return address.
Then you go to your PO in NI and pay appropriate postage, fill in customs form etc and post the package.
The parcel is held at the destination post office once it arrives.
The recipient has 30 days (I think) to collect it, otherwise it will be returned.
The recipient has to show photo ID with a name matching the parcel.

Caporegime
OP
You address your parcel as directed in that link, once you've found the correct post office in the city you're posting to. Include a return address.
Then you go to your PO in NI and pay appropriate postage, fill in customs form etc and post the package.
The parcel is held at the destination post office once it arrives.
The recipient has 30 days (I think) to collect it, otherwise it will be returned.
The recipient has to show photo ID with a name matching the parcel.

Thank you very much.

Caporegime
What's he sending? A neighbour of mine sent a computer to Australia and their customs people broke it when they opened it up and had a look through it, and the Royal Mail insurance is useless due to the timescale and the sheer difficulty of putting a claim together.

If it's anything valuable, consider a global courier like DHL or FedEx.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
What's he sending? A neighbour of mine sent a computer to Australia and their customs people broke it when they opened it up and had a look through it, and the Royal Mail insurance is useless due to the timescale and the sheer difficulty of putting a claim together.

If it's anything valuable, consider a global courier like DHL or FedEx.

if it's a computer it's best he doesn't use DHL or it'll endup in Stuttgart or Siberia :p :D

Fedex and UPS are best for America :)

Back
Top Bottom