1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: United States Grand Prix 2021, Austin - Race 17

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Shimmy, 19 Oct 2021.

?

Rate the 2021 United States Grand Prix out of ten

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

5.5%
  3. 3

5.5%
  4. 4

18.2%
  5. 5

18.2%
  6. 6

18.2%
  7. 7

21.8%
  8. 8

9.1%
  9. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 10

3.6%
  1. jaybee

Soldato

Yep one lock up cost him 25 points. Ouch

2. bayo000

Soldato

Max pitted first out of the two RBs so if Lewis pitted before Max he'd be behind Checo. At that time Max was faster than both Lewis and Checo and if Checo somehow kept Lewis behind for couple of laps that could have given Max enough time to build up 20sec gap. Then you have Max on fresher tires and ahead of Lewis.

3. Mr Jack

Capodecina

35s behind Checo. 20 laps later, Sergio would have been 10s/lap slower if he was even on track.

4. Emlyn_Dewar

Capodecina

Is it worth giving the replay a watch for this one?
    The time was a bit prohibitive here, and I'm not young any more... :D
    I've looked at the results, as don't mind it being spoiled.

5. ci_newman

Sgarrista

No.

6. Emlyn_Dewar

Capodecina

Nice and simple. :D

7. Mr Jack

Capodecina

It was a gripping race, but that came down to not knowing which way the strategies would play out. I can't imagine it's a great race to watch if you already know.

8. Jono8

Caporegime

This. 12 points is nothing with 5 races left.

A Max dnf and a Lewis win at some point makes it all to play for again.

9. CSMonkeh

Hitman

But it won’t happen; Lewis is only in this position because of Max having DNF’s already.
    If anything Lewis is due one so Max can capitalise further

10. IPBA

Wise Guy

Lewis had a DNF in Monza and 0 points in Baku. So why is Lewis due another DNF?

11. Scam

Capodecina

I think clutching at straws like DNFs for Max is possibly showing the writing on the wall. The possibility of those aside, if both Lewis and Max finish every race I'm not sure how I can see Lewis beating him fair and square. Perhaps in one or two races but overall that RB seems faster. I hope I'm wrong, I really want Lewis to win the 8th.

(Mind you, I was discussing yesterday that if Max wins this year.. It'd almost be more funny if Lewis beats him next year. Max is already so arrogant, imagine what he's going to be like if he actually wins a championship. I'd love Lewis or anyone to come and smack him down for the second season!)

12. Terminal_Boy

Sgarrista

NASCAR’s female Pastor Maldonado? I think race fans have seen quite enough of her already.

13. CSMonkeh

Hitman

And when did Max DNF?
    Tyre failure in Baku and punted out in Silverstone.
    Both collided in Italy
    Hamilton had a massive opportunity to capitalise in Baku and didn’t
    As I say, surely Max will have an opportunity to do likewise

14. Feek

Commissario

Yes, watch the one hour highlight show.

15. Quartz

Capodecina

I listed on the radio and it was pretty boring until near the end, then it went back to being boring despite the commentators' efforts to keep the tension up.

16. Alibaba99

Mobster

They removed a lot of the flicks and additional aero surfaces from the front wings which contributed to the outwash effect which has been found to be one of the main causes in the inability to follow another car.

He would have dropped several places down the finishing order though, so that would have cost RBR points in the constructors championship.

17. bayo000

Soldato

Shame Checo's drink system wasn't working for most/ whole race. At the start he was able to stay pretty close to Lewis and Max but after about 10 laps once the dehydration started kicking in fell back. He was quick most of the weekend and I think he had a chance of putting lot more pressure on Lewis and maybe even undercut him.

18. Steeps

Soldato

Sky have all of their presenting team on rotation depending on logistics, preference etc so they are not overworked as it's a long calendar. Button didn't do a lot of the early calendar and I hope he's at more of the races because he's so likeable in front of the camera and in the box.

19. GR63

Wise Guy

No poll? I'd give that race a 8/10... Was exciting seeing Lewis close Max down... I wonder how much the DRS from Mick helped Max keep the place?

20. englishpremier

Sgarrista

No poll because it was a dull race. Even the DRS which they say is powerful around here didn't lead to overtaking. Despite Lewis trying to close down Max not much really happened even down the field. Alonso/Vettel Gia were close from time to time, and Sainz and Ricciardo and that was about it.

Lewis chasing Max, or even overtaking him wouldn't have made it a great race.