Poll: United States Grand Prix 2021, Austin - Race 17

Rate the 2021 United States Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Just read about Newey's accident. Not much info but got quite hurt in a cycling accident in Croatia, several broken bones and head injuries. Needed several operations. Apparently Bernie helped a lot as he knows people there.

Soldato
I mean the AWS "pit window is open" graphic had already appeared and Max had already complained about tyres so I don't buy that.

If they pitted earlier they would be in traffic, especially behind Checo and considering Valteri was struggling moving up the field there was a risk of losing the track position and undercut not working.

Associate
Surely its game over for Lewis now, short of something weird happening.
This was supposed to be Lewis and Merc stronghold but Max and Red Bull have overturned it once again.

However, 2022 should be much better has RB have been concentrating too much on this year, I believe

Man of Honour
Just read about Newey's accident. Not much info but got quite hurt in a cycling accident in Croatia, several broken bones and head injuries. Needed several operations. Apparently Bernie helped a lot as he knows people there.

Yeah was reading about this; I hadn't noticed he wasn't at the track until this was mentioned!

However, 2022 should be much better has RB have been concentrating too much on this year, I believe

I'm not so sure that Merc aren't also concentrating on 2021 at this point; both teams have the resources and staff to be doing both

Soldato
I know it's hindsight and all that bla bla, but again I feel Merc lost the strategy battle. That's a few times now apart from Barcelona where they've been outdone on it. That will hurt. Track position was king here as is the case on most tracks due to the huge limitations of following in dirty air in this era.

I'm gutted as I think the realisation is setting in now that Lewis won't make the crazy 8, possibly ever. It's Redbulls to lose now and 2022 is going to be a lottery; possibly another Brawn type year where a random team that best interprets the design limitations will come out with an unbeatable package.

Man of Honour
I take it Jenson Button is the main "other" Sky F1 presenter these days? Seems to have been at all of the recent races; barely seen Hill or Herbert of late.
Quite enjoyed Danica Patrick; wouldn't be surprised to see her back

Man of Honour
I know it's hindsight and all that bla bla, but again I feel Merc lost the strategy battle. That's a few times now apart from Barcelona where they've been outdone on it. That will hurt. Track position was king here as is the case on most tracks due to the huge limitations of following in dirty air in this era.

I'm gutted as I think the realisation is setting in now that Lewis won't make the crazy 8, possibly ever. It's Redbulls to lose now and 2022 is going to be a lottery; possibly another Brawn type year where a random team that best interprets the design limitations will come out with an unbeatable package.

Someone suggested earlier in the thread that Merc have perhaps become rusty on strategy as for the last couple of years they've just had to turn up; now the pressure is on they're not there with strategy. Red Bull have made some questionable decisions at races but they seem to be learning from mistakes earlier in the season.

Back
Top Bottom