Poll: United States Grand Prix 2021, Austin - Race 17

Rate the 2021 United States Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
Soldato
No more than Max was. Checo was only 5s behind Lewis at the time, he wouldn't have come into play.

Max pitted first out of the two RBs so if Lewis pitted before Max he'd be behind Checo. At that time Max was faster than both Lewis and Checo and if Checo somehow kept Lewis behind for couple of laps that could have given Max enough time to build up 20sec gap. Then you have Max on fresher tires and ahead of Lewis.

Caporegime
Max pitted first out of the two RBs so if Lewis pitted before Max he'd be behind Checo. At that time Max was faster than both Lewis and Checo and if Checo somehow kept Lewis behind for couple of laps that could have given Max enough time to build up 20sec gap. Then you have Max on fresher tires and ahead of Lewis.

35s behind Checo. 20 laps later, Sergio would have been 10s/lap slower if he was even on track.

Soldato
I think clutching at straws like DNFs for Max is possibly showing the writing on the wall. The possibility of those aside, if both Lewis and Max finish every race I'm not sure how I can see Lewis beating him fair and square. Perhaps in one or two races but overall that RB seems faster. I hope I'm wrong, I really want Lewis to win the 8th.

(Mind you, I was discussing yesterday that if Max wins this year.. It'd almost be more funny if Lewis beats him next year. Max is already so arrogant, imagine what he's going to be like if he actually wins a championship. I'd love Lewis or anyone to come and smack him down for the second season!)

Soldato
I listed on the radio and it was pretty boring until near the end, then it went back to being boring despite the commentators' efforts to keep the tension up.

Soldato
What redesigns? Those were delayed until next year, the changes due this year were just to show them down.

They removed a lot of the flicks and additional aero surfaces from the front wings which contributed to the outwash effect which has been found to be one of the main causes in the inability to follow another car.

Lewis I think, I expected Perez to be pitted for a steal attempt, but didn't happen.

He would have dropped several places down the finishing order though, so that would have cost RBR points in the constructors championship.

Soldato
He would have dropped several places down the finishing order though, so that would have cost RBR points in the constructors championship.

Shame Checo's drink system wasn't working for most/ whole race. At the start he was able to stay pretty close to Lewis and Max but after about 10 laps once the dehydration started kicking in fell back. He was quick most of the weekend and I think he had a chance of putting lot more pressure on Lewis and maybe even undercut him.

Soldato
Sky have all of their presenting team on rotation depending on logistics, preference etc so they are not overworked as it's a long calendar. Button didn't do a lot of the early calendar and I hope he's at more of the races because he's so likeable in front of the camera and in the box.

Associate
No poll? I'd give that race a 8/10... Was exciting seeing Lewis close Max down... I wonder how much the DRS from Mick helped Max keep the place?

Soldato
No poll because it was a dull race. Even the DRS which they say is powerful around here didn't lead to overtaking. Despite Lewis trying to close down Max not much really happened even down the field. Alonso/Vettel Gia were close from time to time, and Sainz and Ricciardo and that was about it.

Lewis chasing Max, or even overtaking him wouldn't have made it a great race.

Back
Top Bottom