1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: United States presidential election 2016 (Clinton Vs. Trump)

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by nightrider1470, Jul 31, 2015.

?

Who would you like to become the next president of the US?

Poll closed Nov 8, 2016.
  1. Donald Trump

35.8%
  2. Hillary Clinton

64.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tosno

Mobster

It's the gift that keeps on giving

The abc poll that had hillary up 12 pts just 5 days ago, it's now at 2 pts, 10 pt swing in 5 days and that's before the FBI story.

12 to 6 to 4 to 2 :cool:

2. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

But do you think he can win Arizona, Utah, Georgia, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Florida, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Maine and the consequence of losing 1, any one of those is game over.

What odds do you give that?

3. dowie

Caporegime

that's what you concluded form his objection, you missed the % of funds spent on salaries?

he seems to be objecting on the basis of a significant portion (in that case the majority) of funds being spent on pay not the fact that people are paid

now whether that is a valid objection or not I'm not sure of - in the case with 80% spent on salaries perhaps that is the pay of people actually performing the charity work as opposed to admin/management staff

4. dowie

Caporegime

on the subject of the thread the election could well rest on how this e-mail story is spun

though I predicted a Hillary win in Burnsey's prediction thread many months ago I think if they get back to even in the polls then it will probably go to Trump for reasons similar to the silent Tory effect.

then again if the FBI issue a further clarification about this e-mail issue that can put an end to some of the speculation and Hillary can put the issue behind her then she's probably going to win

5. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

What is a good percentage to spend on salaries?

6. dowie

Caporegime

I don't know

I'm simply pointing out that you've clearly missed deuse's main objection which was rather obviously the 80% on salaries

perhaps he can answer what he thinks a reasonable % would be in order for him to donate, it isn't something I've looked into too deeply when making donations

7. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

You don't know yet when he objects to 80% it's valid?

8. StriderX

Capodecina

He wins if he gets within reach of victory but loses because of the system.

Don't forget, that the its not Donald that is the issue here, he is the only thing keeping mid-america from believing their country is dead and should be overthrown.

9. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

Donald is part of that very system.

A rich guy who openly brags about bribing politicians to get favours in return. You think he is the guy who will change the system? Pleaseeeeee

10. jsmoke

Sgarrista

Just watched a docu called Hacking Democracy about the polling machines and how a) Nobody seems able to see the code used, not Government officals or even the company who make the machines(somebody must write the code somewhere, and b) How easy it is to hack/manipulate the machines after they are set up. I personally find it hard or distribuing to think the machines have been manipulated but you never know.

11. Mulder

Mobster

It's true. In fact there's a petition with >100k signatures calling for their removal. Here.

12. StriderX

Capodecina

He wont change anything, which is why he isnt important here, just a very badly chosen valve to control their anger.

13. dowie

Caporegime

I didn't claim it is valid, I think you need to read posts a bit more carefully.

I pointed out that it was obviously the 80% he was referring to rather than simply the fact charities have employees.

I didn't claim that the objection is valid - if you look back up to the previous post I've already mentioned this:

14. DangerMoose

Wise Guy

Surely they are not really likely to even make much difference to the outcome of the previous investigation anyway, unless they either find considerably more classified material than they already did, clearly marked with the correct headers and sent by Clinton herself. Either that or some sign that there was deliberate attempts to distribute said material to unauthorised persons.

The whole situation is truly bizarre though and it seems to be quite widely held that he has deviated from accepted practices in acting in such a way as to likely influence the outcome of an election.

15. tang0

Mobster

Trump Beating Hillary By 4% In Early Michigan Absentee Returns

http://westmipolitics.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/breaking-trump-beating-hillary-by-4-in.html?m=1

190,000 Republicans have turned in ballots vs. only 170,000 Dems. Nearly 160,000 independent/unaffiliated voters have also cast ballots, a group Trump consistently leads with in nearly every poll.

Those numbers translate to:

Trump/R: 36.5%
    Hillary/D: 32.6 %
    Independent/Unaffiliated/Non-Primary voters: 30.9%

Wow, and Colorado is supposed to be a blue state, maybe he can afford to lose a few of those swing states..

16. Freakbro

Capodecina

OMG, it's all a conspiracy!!1! the timing of this announcement is just political and designed to discredit Hillary....its all baseless accusations....the establishment and the MSM have got it in for her!!!

Isn't that how it goes? Seems they are the howls from the Trumpanzeees every time something comes out about Donald.

Also, this doesn't quite fit with their other narrative that the FBI, establishment and MSM are all in cahoots to protect Hillary.

I suppose when you have an incoherent message it's not surprising when it's completely contradictory

17. Skunkworks

Soldato

The Clinpanzeees are just so above it all.

18. StriderX

Capodecina

It doesnt matter that Trump is incoherent, that is essentially acceptable to his supporters, and very bad for Clinton as he doesnt really lose support long term.

19. DangerMoose

Wise Guy

What would be particularly fun is if they can somehow get this cleared up quickly and establish that the emails contain nothing of relevance. Hillary might take a bit of a hit from the mere mention of emails yet again but Donald and the gang may very well have overplayed their hand and lost some of the rigging narrative in the process.

Mind you, I'd be somewhat surprised if this does substantially more than to lose her a point or so in popular and maybe a lesser swing state or two. Die hard Hillary voters are unlikely to give two ****s, Some undecided leaning towards her camp might be pushed away. But I find it hard to believe that many other than Donald's baying mob will come away from this thinking that it is likely to be a whole load of nothing to see here. Hillary herself is going for the put up or shut up angle and that does not track with her somewhat more evasive stance on it in previous airings of this particular dirty laundry. I think she genuinely does not believe that there is anything more inflammatory than they have already found.

20. tang0

Mobster

Hate this smug intellectually superior attitude coming from the other side. Pretty much half of America is voting for Trump because they're fed up with all the crap, and people like you label his supporters as Trumpanzeees etc, as though there's only this small minority of people that are voting for him. You're denigrating millions of people that include doctors, nurses, lawers, architects, firemen, policemen etc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.