1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: United States presidential election 2016 (Clinton Vs. Trump)

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Zefan, Oct 29, 2016.

?

Who would you like to become the next president of the US?

Poll closed Nov 7, 2016.
  1. Donald Trump

122 vote(s)
    48.0%
  2. Hillary Clinton

132 vote(s)
    52.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vonhelmet

Caporegime

Well, that's me told.

2. Billies Bangers

Banned

The use of Class A to C drugs plus synthetic drugs are illegal for a reason. Have you ever sat in a Crown Court and seen crack addicts in the dock. They are like ghosts of the people they once were. Drugs whether made legal or otherwise destroys lives. If you de-criminalise drugs you are saying as a society it's okay to destroy lives and communities. Is that really the right message?

Why would you assume that people who take these drugs would never drive a vehicle whilst under the influence of drugs. Driving whilst under the influence of drink is illegal and one has to question if alcohol had been invented in the last few years whether that too would not be banned today.

3. Billies Bangers

Banned

Now you are saying but didn't say in your original post that we don't have a mandatory term for a third like offence in the same context as the U.S. system. Well you didn't say that originally did you? You have also missed out the sexual offences legislation in relation to a third like offence - UK.

If you follow your example of de-criminalising things then where does it stop? Do we stop criminalising burglars who steal because they are poor, shoplifting etc. etc. Why should drugs be treated as some special case?

4. C.R.A.Z.Y

Mobster

Portugal decriminalised drugs 14 years ago – and now hardly anyone dies from overdosing

[​IMG]

Source = http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/portugal-decriminalised-drugs-14-years-ago-and-now-hardly-anyone-dies-from-overdosing-10301780.html

5. Amp34

Caporegime

I suggest you re read my post as you don't seem to have taken any of it in.

You're not legalizing them, you're decriminalizing their use. There's a difference. Is it better for those people that as you say "are like ghosts of who they once were" to be sent to prison or given help to try and get over their drug use?

You're not saying it's ok to destroy lives and communities, you're saying that rather than criminals that just need dumping in prison and throwing away the keys, they are people that need help. People that with help and support may be how to go back to normal society and lead healthy productive lives - rather than gaving a criminal record and several years in prison where previously law abiding citizens (excluding drug offenses) get to closely associate for years with hardened criminals...

It's also interesting that you seem to be suggesting that these same people don't drive now?

Your argument is something people have say for decades, yet when tested have been shown to be incorrect.

6. Amp34

Caporegime

Because theft is directly affecting someone else. Drug use isn't and as such isn't remotely comparable.

Why not go the other way and ask by drinking alcohol and smoking tobacco isn't illegal? Both are drugs, so why not make both illegal and criminalize their use?

Drugs use (rather than sales) is a pretty special case in current law, quite possibly because of historic precedent rather than any real reason in a modern world. You don't arrest someone and put them in prison for suicidal thoughts do you?

The tide is turning though and the US needs to catch up, along with the British consservative party, who also seem to dislike data and would rather deal with innuendo.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  7. datalol-jack

Soldato

Reads like a request for a drug related thread to me. :)

8. Freakbro

Capodecina

Well no, because I wasn't talking about the UK system, I was talking about the US one :confused:

It was you who compared it to the UK system, so I answered that, in that it is in no way comparable.

Of course not and you aren't making any sense anyway.

No one is saying you don't prosecute a drug addict when they commit other crimes, theft, burglary, assault etc just you are not criminalising the act of personal possession and taking them.

The same way you don't criminalise the use of slot machines because some people destroy their lives with their gambling addiction, you treat and help them with their problem, while the rest of us just have a bit of fun without having a problem.

The same is with recreational drugs, millions of people take them and develop no problem and commit no other offence, it doesn't make sense to criminalise them. Plus, our prisons are heaving, budgets are tight, lets just lock up people who are an actual danger to others.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  9. joeyjojo

Soldato

Someone needs to take Trump's phone away from him. Obviously SNL is going to take the mick out of him for the foreseeable future. Whining about it doesn't do anything for his thin-skinned image.

[​IMG]

10. Tosno

Mobster

11. Vonhelmet

Caporegime

Is doing an impression of someone's accent racist? I wouldn't really say so...

If I do an impression of Barack Obama is that racist? Probably not, unless I'm doing some hilarious fried chicken and watermelon riff.

12. deuse

Capodecina

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2016
  13. Vonhelmet

Caporegime

Yes, doing political jokes is surely unprecedented and can only be indicative of the total collapse of the entire "leftie" population.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2016
  14. Chris Wilson

Mobster

She has a very DT type of coiffure, I wonder if she's related, all that grabbing by the ***** in his earlier years, this could bite her on her derrière if she's not careful, a DNA test please... :)

15. Jono8

Caporegime

It is quite concerning that the president elect even has the time to worry about a bit of satire on TV (or at least the willingness to devote his time to worrying about it).

He is president now - if he can't handle some comedians taking a few jibes at him, then he is in for a big shock.

16. mmj_uk

Capodecina

Green Day singing that retarded anti-Trump/fascist song was much worse I thought, it's just inciting fear among idiots on the losing side of the election and further dividing people at a time when Trump himself is trying to bring everyone together.

17. Bantu

Wise Guy

to be fair to him, he's not president yet... i'm sure once january rolls around he'll worry about different things.

18. Vonhelmet

Caporegime

Trump is certainly trying to bring his family and all his businesses together, that's for sure.

19. scorza

Caporegime

20. Vonhelmet

Caporegime

I for one look forward to the right wing comedy show that will bring the "equal time" he's hoping for.

I'm particularly looking forward to the upcoming right wing sitcom starring a former reality TV star and failed businessman who, by a hilarious twist of fate, finds himself elected president of a major nation. I hear it's really going to put the boot into the left.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.