University of Hertfordshire

Soldato
Did anyone go to this Uni, or is intersted in going there?
How did you find it if you did go?

Does anyone know when the next open day is?

I'm looking at an Engineering course, btw :)

Edit: Bewarned, their site is slow :(

Suspended
I did aerospace engineering there with 'Jonnycoupe' off here, 'Simon' off here did automotive engineering there.

It's not too bad, facilities are on the whole, quite good.

The main problem with the place is the location. Hatfield is not a particularly fun place to be. Or at least it wasn't while I was there, but they seem to be sprucing the place up a bit now.

On an engineering course you will be based at the old campus, the shiny new one is for humanities subjects :rolleyes:

Suspended
And move there to stay when they finish ;)

Fair point though... if you don't mind hopping on the bus (frequent and cheap with a student card) or grabbing a taxi, you just come over to St. Albans for shopping/nights out.

Associate
I use to go there as well, and yes, Hatfield is a dump and all the residents look like inbreds. OK, i went a bit far with the inbred comment, but i wasen't the only person to notice how 'funny' looking most of the residents were.

I found the uni good though, my teachers were great, the LRC is decent, they have a lot of clubs (american football etc) and i always had fun at the student nights. The only negative i can say about the place is it's location. There really isn't much to do in Hatfield.

Back
Top Bottom