Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Soldato
Thought I would share this here.

It fixed an issue for 5.1 over optical for me. As Optical with standard Realtek HD drivers only gives stereo sound.

Games / movies sound amazing now. Optical works and whatever the 5.1 source whether it's a game or movie it sounds amazing.

This will work on ANY Realtek HD Audio codec. (Edit: Excluding ALC2xx under Windows 7)

Check this thread for instructions, (Credit to the OP, thank you!)

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...olby-digital-live-and-dts-interactive.193148/

I used the R2.75 driver pack from MeHelpful here > http://www33.zippyshare.com/v/72729438/file.html, instruction are included in the winrar file.

dAOmoaD.png

pkzxwtN.png

Last edited:
Associate
I have been using the older 2.71 Driver hack version on the living room PC, and it has been working flawlessly for many months.

Brilliant little hack.

Associate
Nice to see this finally works, I tried about a year ago with hacked drivers and had no luck with my motherboard so I ended up upgrading to a hdmi amp instead. (Which gave its own problems as it only supported 1080p pass thru)

The audio quality when using a digital connection to your amp is very nice indeed! :D

Soldato
Sorry to dig this up but could someone hlpe me to get this going? have tried the above link and attempted to follow the instructions but the driver wouldnt install? is there another way? want 5.1 :)

thanks

Soldato
I've just got a gigabyte z97x-gaming 7 which comes with the notorious realtek sound system and I can just see one place that gives me options for speaker setup, and the only option is headphone stereo! I'm using an optical lead into my av receiver and want 5.1. It was so much easier doing it through my hdmi on my video card before I went 4k where i have to use a display port :(

Soldato
The vast majority of PC games don't. Same applies to Dolby Digital.

That's why DTS Connect and Dolby Digital Live exist; to encode the audio stream with DTS or DD, so that the receiver can decode it as 5.1.

If games supported DTS and DD, their audio streams would just be passed to the receiver to decode.

Soldato
Just to update: this now works in Windows 10 :) I'm running the latest drivers and getting Dolby Digital Live for my Astro A50 headset. Thread here if anyone needs it: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...gital-live-and-dts-interactive.193148/page-48

soundhackwin10.jpg

Associate
Greets. I wonnder if a dolby decoder like this: would work in order to get real 5.1 in games through my optical out (Asus P6x58D premium mobo with Realtek ALC889)

If this works I think I'll prefer it since this gadgect (If I'm correct) will decode and convert the signal from my optical output to an 5.1 analog set (5 rca outputs). In this way I'll be able to use a cheaper 5.1 speaker set with no optical input. Am I correct or just a dreamer?

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom