Unraid - Qbittorrent help

Associate
Hey folks, I have just build my first server using unraid (still in trial mode) however when trying to get qBittorrent working I can not do it.

I'm having issues with downloading anything in qbittorrent. I've set the directories up as I want but it wont download anything, if I put it back to default it will. So obviously I'm not putting correct download location or there is permissions issue and as Im a first time user of unraid. Can anyone help me out?

Qbittorrent details from docker page:

/data/mnt/user/Torrents/Downloads/
/config/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn

Setting menu inside it defaults to:
/config/qBittorrent/downloads/

I change it to:
/data/mnt/user/Torrents/Downloads/

Torrents won't download, each one says stalled, set it back to default and away they go no problem. From this can anyone guide me on what I should be putting in the Settings menu?

I've also tried deluge by binhex also to the /Torrents/Downloads/ folder and it works straight off the bat but its a nightmare of software to use. Hate it. Always used qbittorrent on pc for years so I would like to use it also on server.

Thanks in advance.

Associate
Are you sure you're reading the docker file correctly? I suspect you're omiting / confused by the local, and mount paths.

containerpath:localpath

/data:/mnt/user/Torrents/Downloads/
/config:/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn

Soldato
Think you're confused with the path settings.

In you docker setup a usual mapping would be....

/downloads --> /mnt/user/downloads/torrent/
/config --> /mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn/

In this case, within Qbittorrent you would set your downloads to "/downloads"

Qbittorrent has no knowledge of /mnt/user/downloads/torrent/ That's what path mappings are for.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Are the above definitely correct? I’d expect to see something along the lines of /mnt/user/...etc
Not 100% sure mate if I'm honest. I thought it was but upon testing its not working so I guess not.
Are you sure you're reading the docker file correctly? I suspect you're omiting / confused by the local, and mount paths.

I just copied and pasted the location it was telling me so as for reading I think I'm right but knowing me, I'm probably not :(

I have also tried this, no joy either unfortunately

Think you're confused with the path settings.

In you docker setup a usual mapping would be....

/downloads --> /mnt/cache/appdata/deluge/
/config --> /mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn/

In this case, within Qbittorrent you would set your downloads to "/downloads"

Qbittorrent has no knowledge of /mnt/cache/appdata/deluge/ That's what path mappings are for.
Oh right, I guess that makes sense. I will try this when I get home today as I was away for a few days hence late reply. Thank you for your help thus far folks. I really am a noob at all this. First time setting up a server too. Will update you all tomorrow with my findings when I get home. Thanks for now.

Back
Top Bottom