Unseen Academicals

Soldato
unseenacademicals.png

Football has come to the ancient city of Ankh-Morpork - not the old fashioned, grubby pushing and shoving, but the new, fast football with pointy hats for goalposts and balls that go gloing when you drop them. And now, the wizards of Unseen University must win a football match, without using magic, so they're in the mood for trying everything else. The prospect of the Big Match draws in a street urchin with a wonderful talent for kicking a tin can, a maker of jolly good pies, a dim but beautiful young woman, who might just turn out to be the greatest fashion model there has ever been, and the mysterious Mr Nutt (and no one knows anything much about Mr Nutt, not even Mr Nutt, which worries him, too). As the match approaches, four lives are entangled and changed for ever. Because the thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football. Here we go! Here we go! Here we go!

Anyone else looking forward to the new Discworld Novel? Not to keen on the football theme as I really don't follow much sport so probably won't get most of the jokes but Terry Pratchett always delivers a great read, at least in my eyes, so I definitely cannot wait.

The book is released on the 1st of October, only a few days away so thought I'd get the hype train rolling.

Caporegime
I loved Nation, really different to what I expected but a damn good read. Will probably get this at some point when the price has dropped, got a good 6 books queued up to read at the moment.

Soldato
OP
Well just finished it there tonight (don't hold it against me, I've very little time to read these days which is something I greatly regret) and Terry certainly has not lost the magic (it's just matured a wee bit). While there aren't really any surprises in the story, sadly I feel that Terry has lost the ability to do so, reading the book is almost like catching up with old friends (noticeably missing from the cast was Death which I believe is a first though I could be wrong). My only complaint would be the lack of Rincewind, I wanted more Rincewind.

Back
Top Bottom