• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Unsightly 30 series FE power connector

Associate
Once you get a direct cable replacement, the 12 pin actually occupies less space in the case and looks much better than two 8 pins IMO. I would always prefer a single cable vs. 2 separate 8 pin cables.

Soldato
Hoping to get a aftermarket cable myself.

Does anyone know if it is safe to use a 2 x 8 pin - 12 pin connector on a 3070

Presume it will be ok and it will do me if i ever upgrade to a 3080/3090 in the future.

Associate
OP
I bought a Moddiy one in the end but I’ve got cold feet as it’s a direct PSU to Card cable, they only ask for your PSU model and if they wire it wrong it’s goodbye 3080. So I may not use it lol.

Still waiting on Cablemod to release their 12 pin extension cables, they are probably the safest bet.

Soldato
Cablemod have their custom cables available to configure now but it does cost a ridiculous €40 but you have to spend €70 to make an order anyway. Will just wait for availability elsewhere.

EDIT - Unless anyone wants to do a joint buy, send me a trust.

Last edited:
Soldato
What have you done regarding the frankly unsightly FE 30 series power connectors ?

Put the PC in the garage and drilled a hole in the wall for the cables to come through. No joke, and the temperatures at this time of year are great. Plus, silence.

I can't believe the money I threw at water cooling before I got my Eureka moment. :p

Back
Top Bottom