Unusual Tyre Wear

Soldato
Checking round the Sportage yesterday, noticed the tyres (Hankook Ventus Prime) are starting to show signs of perishing and surface cracks inside the tread. Never seen this type of wear on a tyre in nearly 40 years of driving and that includes sitting on remould years ago when we were hard up. Car is less than two years old and just over 7k miles on the clock. First question is, do I need to do anything urgently regarding this and two, am I likely to get anywhere with a warranty claim with the dealer?

The car hasn't been taken off road and has been driven normally, albeit some of the neglected roads around here are pretty rough. In any event, its sold as a SUV so the tyres fitted should be capable of taking a bit of rough and tumble.

I certainly won't be replacing with Hankooks - any recommendations?

Soldato
OP

Car purchased in September 2017 so tyre history to that point unknown, though would imagine not on the car too long as according to the dealer these things are pretty much built to order.

On closer inspection this morning, notice it is more evident on the LHS of the vehicle than RHS which kind of points to road surface damage (the edge of some Wiltshire roads are in an appalling state). Nevertheless, not seen before on any tyre of that age - even the cheap remoulds I used years ago.

Back
Top Bottom