• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

up to £300 gpu?

Soldato
im trying to find a good gpu for under £300

ill be playing on 1920 x 1080 and want to play skyrim on as high resolution as possible while retaining good fps

what are my options? i should point out im preferable to nvidia

current specs

i5 2500k
8gb ram

Caporegime
didnt think my budget would stretch to gtx580's :D

what makes a gtx580 better than a gtx570? or am i opening a can of worms here?

The 580 has more processing power, have a look at the specs. :)

I listed the 570 since it has more memory and might be of more benefit to those that are intent on modding, though it might be better to hear from those that have applied mods to Skyrim. I also mentioned the 570 due to it being slightly cheaper; you may want to save a little.

Actually, although I generally hold a higher regard for Nvidia products I still feel I should suggest the AMD 7950. Yes, it is over budget by about thirty quid but it will invariably overclock to past stock 7970 performance. Imo the 7950 is thee high end card to go for atm unless you want to go all out for the very, very best.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-049-HS&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1673

If that is too much then there is always the 7870. If I were buying right now and was looking for around the £300 mark as a guide, then I would pretty much only be considering the 7950 or 7870 to suit my needs.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
thanks for the help people

i think that the amd looks like the best option here, my friend is dead against amd for reasons unknown but i dont have anything against them as i havent tried them despite what was in my first post =P

im gonna get saving the pennies

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom