Upcoming Android Players? (not phone)

Soldato
So I am sick of paying the monthly phone bill purely for the ability to have internet access on the off-chance I'm not within a wifi hotspot.

I want a ~5" Android based MP3 player. For now I believe the only option is the Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0...but it's only single core 1GHz with 512mb ram...which is quite last year.

Are there any upcoming more powerful 5" tablet type things with WiFi and GPS?

Soldato
I don't think there was anything worthwhile at CES or MWC. Don't quote me on that though, it's been a couple of months :p

Not quite 5" but this is fairly good.

Soldato
OP
I don't think there was anything worthwhile at CES or MWC. Don't quote me on that though, it's been a couple of months :p

Not quite 5" but this is fairly good.

I saw a review of that the other day...looks awesome, however I want cameras on both sides as I need one for work and need the front facing for skype.

Soldato
gurusan... your post is somewhat confusing. What phone do you have now, and are you tethering as such? You then go on to say you want a 'player', what relavence does this have to your phone? Are you simply saying that you are gonna ditch the phone?

Hope the above doesn't sound rude, just confused as to what you want. My first thought was a Samsung Note, but obviously that's a phone...

You could always buy second hand.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Sorry, yes I meant a player as in NOT a phone but something with wifi and GPS. Basically an android smartphone without the phone part.

Soldato
OP
Something like the galaxy note 5.3" is what I'm looking for...but without the phone part. Surely I can't be the only person wanting an awesome smartphone gadget thing without the high price and contract.

Soldato
You can get the Galaxy note without a contract for under £400 - most of the cost will come from the screen not the radio bits. The Galaxy S phone is only about £40 more than the Galaxy S MP3 player so I can't see how it would be worth Samsung making a separate Note MP3 really.

Top Bottom