Upcoming iiyama G2773HS 27" 120Hz 1ms Gaming Monitor!

Associate
Just got mine and initially very impressed and very pleased.

For everyone else who has theirs already, what picture settings in terms of brightness, contrast, colour etc can be recommended (brightness on 100% out of the box)?

Would also be interested if anyone knew of a way to get 3d vision working with this. I know that nvidia pulled support for generic CRT monitors a couple of driver versions back, but is their any software hack that would allow the 1st gen ir emitter and glasses to work with this monitor?

Last edited:
Soldato
Just got mine and initially very impressed and very pleased.

For everyone else who has theirs already, what picture settings in terms of brightness, contrast, colour etc can be recommended (brightness on 100% out of the box)?

Would also be interested if anyone knew of a way to get 3d vision working with this. I know that nvidia pulled support for generic CRT monitors a couple of driver versions back, but is their any software hack that would allow the 1st gen ir emitter and glasses to work with this monitor?

I've left mine pretty much default for the time being and set the preset for "game" with overdrive on +2. Only use it for gaming, use the IPS for everything else :p

Soldato
Just got a few questions regarding this monitor:

1. Does It produce 3D with ATI graphics cards as I am currently on ATI and dont want to switch to Nvidia
  2. What type of 3D glasses does it use, active shutter?
  3. Does it comes with free glasses?
  4. And if no glasses supplied which glasses do we have to buy?
Thanks in advance.

Associate
Just got a few questions regarding this monitor:

1. Does It produce 3D with ATI graphics cards as I am currently on ATI and dont want to switch to Nvidia
  2. What type of 3D glasses does it use, active shutter?
  3. Does it comes with free glasses?
  4. And if no glasses supplied which glasses do we have to buy?
Thanks in advance.

It doesn't support 3D at all, that's not to say there isn't some way of getting 3D to work but Iiyama don't advertise it as being 3D capable.

Man of Honour
well there's no real reason i can think of why this screen won't support 3D content if it can display 120Hz input frequencies. i expect Iiyama just haven't certified it as NVIDIA 3D vision ready or something like that. If it can accept a 120Hz refresh rate then you should be able to pair it with the NVIDIA 3D vision kit / active shutter glasses. nothing comes with the screen though.

It wouldn't support your ATI graphics card for 3D i don't believe since the screen uses a dual-link DVI interface, and ATI tend to go with the DisplayPort option for high bandwidth 3D support. you need a graphics card with DL-DVI output to operate this screen at 120Hz.

Associate
Played a few hours of CS last night on this and it was great! I've played CS since 1.3 on a few different monitors including my old 17 and 19 inch CRT's this kinda felt like them very responsive and the 120Hz is certainly noticeable.

Associate
Played a few hours of CS last night on this and it was great! I've played CS since 1.3 on a few different monitors including my old 17 and 19 inch CRT's this kinda felt like them very responsive and the 120Hz is certainly noticeable.
Agreed - I played BF3 last night and it was amazing. Very very pleased with this monitor :D

Associate
Just got mine, a little bit gutted as this is the second Iiyama screen I've ordered in a row here that has had a single feint stuck pixel (last one was the 27" E2710HDSD) I guess; what do you expect for £300 though. Overall build quality is far superior however, and the picture itself looks to be of a very high standard indeed.

I'm also unable to get 120Hz out of it as well, I get no picture at all until it reverts back after the 15 second confirm-window.

Any ideas guys? I'm using a good-quality HDMI lead but with a DVI-D converter on either end (my graphics card has no HDMI output)

Soldato
Ahhh, I see. Had a funny feeling it might be something like that. Thanks. Is anyone else able to confirm please?

Yep Dual link DVI required....which i didn't realise until i got it myself, as i have an AMD 7950 and an IPS screen with a resolution of 2560x1440 that also required dual link DVI :/

Having to sell the 7950 and buy a GTX670 tomorrow so i can get both monitors operating fully :(

Associate

I'd also like to know; what are people running at as their contrast/brightness settings? can't seem to find the sweet spot at the moment...:)

Associate
I'd also like to know; what are people running at as their contrast/brightness settings? can't seem to find the sweet spot at the moment...:)
At the moment, I'm on 50% contrast ans 40% brightness which sounds like low numbers but it seems comfortable on my eyes.

Associate
I'm on the fence as well. I just really want to see some reviews comparing this with its Samsung counterparts! Until I know how they compare it's hard to make a decision really, as I really like the look of the Samsung ones but they both cost a fair bit more :/

Back
Top Bottom