Upgrade advice (ATX to mITX, Dan A4-SFX v3)

Soldato
I'm looking into moving my PC from ATX to mini-ITX for portability reasons (LANs, work, room space, etc) but also want to upgrade a bit as well. I have currently have:

* i5 6600k
* Gigabyte Z170XP
* 8GB DDR4 (2133 Mhz)
* Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1

I'm looking to move into the Dan A4-SFX v3 case because it's so portable. There's a few options I've thought about but I'm not sure what's best to do.

1) Somehow trying to get a hold of a Asetek AIO 92mm as this would allow me to keep my 1080 GTX and save me having to 'sidegrade' to a 2060 RTX Mini for around £350. However, these AIO coolers seem almost impossible to get as I think they are discontinued.

2) Buying a Corsair H55 120mm AIO instead of the 92mm AIO (which seems impossible to get anyway) but it'll mean I'd have to move to an ITX graphics card, which means buying a 2060 RTX Mini for around £350.

3) Air cooling, but I'm really concerned at temperatures in the case and thermal throttling. I'd be getting a Ryzen 5 2600 system in there which is a 65W TDP, so it might not be that bad, but I'm not overly sure.

Option 2 is way more expensive than the other two options because I'd have to change my GPU to an ITX GPU, and the 2060 is a minor downgrade/sidegrade to a 1080 GTX so really I'm paying £350~ for nothing. I could sell my GTX 1080 and I could probably get £250 - £275 for that to offset a lot of the cost, but it still seems like burning £75 to £100 for nothing. But since the Asetek 92mm AIO seems impossible to get, option 2 might be the only real option I can make other than air cooling but that seems a bad choice due to potential temperature issues?

I'd be looking at the following system below. I've already got SSDs so I've not included those. This would be my primary system so it's used for everything (browsing, movies, gaming, etc). Also, I game at 2560x1080 (ultra wide) at 60 Hz. Also, any advice towards the parts I've picked would be welcome too.

Any advice is very welcome, especially any options I've not considered!

Thanks

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £686.95 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

Soldato
@flibby

thought about raikintek ITX ?

Glass, USB C front port , 240 AIO up top, ability to house small standard atx PSU

Total: £351.64 (includes shipping: £11.70)

https://www.raijintek.com/en/products_detail.php?ProductID=89

slap in alphacool eisbaer 25mm thick COPPER rad , either 240 or 120 and good to go :D

ODE
Total: £174.88 (includes shipping: £9.90)

Soldato
OP
Hi Flibby,

Just wanted to share some love here.
We're working on a 545LC (92mm) replacement! :)

/Dennis

That's great to hear Dennis. Is there any ETA by any chance? Just if it's not too long away I'd be tempted to delay my build and wait for OcUK to get it in.

@flibby

thought about raikintek ITX ?

Glass, USB C front port , 240 AIO up top, ability to house small standard atx PSU

Hadn't looked into that case or cooler, I'll check it out. Thanks a lot!

Associate
That's great to hear Dennis. Is there any ETA by any chance? Just if it's not too long away I'd be tempted to delay my build and wait for OcUK to get it in.

It's very much a work in progress. I'm not allowed to disclose much (you know how tech is... -_-).
But what I can tell you is that I have a working prototype in a Dan Case A4 on my desk ;)

Soldato

no worries.

taking your basket

adding 240 aio and focus 550w plat on sale

Total: £795.90 (includes shipping: £0.00)

does come more then our backet which is lacking CLC/AIO unit but guessing that will come around £50

also pushing 450w for gtx 1080 - might push the unit hard and loud

Back
Top Bottom