Upgrade advice for my 3070

Associate
My KFA2 3070 8GB has finally been shipped!

So I'm hurriedly getting some upgrade parts together to replace my 5 year old 1060 based PC. I'll be keeping the case, PSU and existing drives and just want to replace the parts below plus grab an M2 drive for new OS.

Advice much appreciated, I've been out of the loop for a long time, especially with mobos.

I'm not looking for something with millions of overclocking and configuration options, I'm way too old to be fiddling with overclocking these days :) I want it to be as painless as possible and future proof without breaking the bank too much.

Thanks!

EDIT: updated basket with new items

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £809.45 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Last edited:
Associate
for pure gaming performance it might be worth getting a 5600x over a 3700x, fewer cores but faster per core. for the same money. Or the 5800x for a little more money

Associate
happy with the build now, but wondering if its worth stretching to a little more budget for the RAM? No idea how much real gaming performance this would gain me for this rig.
You will not get any more performance out of more RAM. 32GB is plenty and if you add 2 more sticks, the likely hood is that you will lose performance.

Back
Top Bottom