Upgrade Advice

Associate
Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me, I have a 5 year old PC that is currently on it's last legs, and i've got a bit of spare cash to upgrade my PC (i've just bought a new case to fit it also), but the main stumbling block I am on at the moment is the motherboard.

Upgrade parts:

i5 8600k
16GB Corsair Vengence LED RAM
r9 390 8GB (Current)
1 SSD (Current)
2 sata 3 HDD (current)
1000w PSU

So it's just the motherboard i'm stuck on, I was looking at MSI Pro Carbon Gaming z370 but there is so many around that price range (£150) I didn't want to be missing out on a better board for around the same price.

If anyone could recommend, or tell me if the Mobo I was looking at is half decent then that would be brilliant.

Main uses for my PC are gaming.

Soldato
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £469.67 (includes shipping: £11.70)​

Gigabyte wins a lot of points on here for UK RMA and rep support. ASRock bios is very nice and clean and ASUS rock you've got the whole kitchen sink in there BIOS :)

Associate
OP
Brilliant thank you. So in your opinion which one would be best? I have an Asus board at the moment, and really liked their bios. i'm guessing as my board is prob 6 years old, it's a lot nicer.

Soldato
Brilliant thank you. So in your opinion which one would be best? I have an Asus board at the moment, and really liked their bios. i'm guessing as my board is prob 6 years old, it's a lot nicer.

all have pros and cons- Gigabyte one has the weaker VRM count and cooling , 2nd version incoming in a few weeks to make up for it. Key thing for them here is support.
If you've got the asus then you'll prob find the new one at home , but is the blander board of the two if style plays a factor
extreme 4 is a solid contender and easy to use bios

if think gigabte just tips it for audio quality, extreme 4 has higher vrm count - key if your doing heavy intense CPU workload

Back
Top Bottom