Associate
Hello,

I am looking to upgrade my pc, but im not sure the next step to take, i play a game called rust and i get around 50-70 FPS but i want to increase that but im not sure what i should upgrade, should i look to getting a new processor?, add ram?, also not sure what upgrades are even compatible with my motherboard ect, please help

i have i5-6400 CPU
GTX 1070 8GB DDR5

8GB DDR4 Ram
asus h110m-r motherboard
Corsair 550W VS Series power supply
120GB SSD
1TB SATA-III HDD

link to pc https://www.amazon.co.uk/************-Vulcan-Hybrid-GeForce-GTX1070/dp/B01IT0RDPW

Thanks.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
more ram (you'll have to swap out the ram as your mobo only has 2 ram slots)
and a bigger ssd.

rest is fine as long as you're not pushing for max fps at ultra settings.
(you'll have to reinstall windows as you'll be swapping the ssd out)

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £133.68 (includes shipping: £8.70)​

Associate
OP
should i look at upgrading my motherboard, or is that something thats not really necessary and i can do at a later date? and this SSD actually improve my FPS or just loading times?

Man of Honour
should i look at upgrading my motherboard, or is that something thats not rwally necessary and i can do at a later date?
you'll need a whole new platform, ie: cpu and mobo (and ram as 8gb is the bare minimum); so depending on the budget, i'd say it's not really necessary for now as long as you're not pushing for max fps at ultra settings.

and will a biggher SSD improve my FPS or just loading times?
loading times. big ssd and install all your programs on the ssd and keep the hdd purely for media files (video/music/etc)

Associate
OP
you'll need a whole new platform, ie: cpu and mobo (and ram as 8gb is the bare minimum); so depending on the budget, i'd say it's not really necessary for now as long as you're not pushing for max fps at ultra settings.

loading times. big ssd and install all your programs on the ssd and keep the hdd purely for media files (video/music/etc)

do you think upgrading my ram will improve my FPS and stop any frame drops i get from time to time?

Back
Top Bottom