1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade Advice

Discussion in 'New to PC gaming & upgrade advice' started by Sven69, 14 Sep 2021.

1. Sven69

Associate

Hi All,

My sons I5-3570K is about ready for retirement.

My system is i5-7600K 3.80GHz Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming K5 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB. Intention is to transfer this into the P500 Case, using the Brocken 3 Cooler along with the rest of his system.

b]My basket at Overclockers UK:[/b]
    Total: £631.86 (includes shipping: £0.00) ​
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Items above will then be used to upgrade my system using the TR4 bracket for my Cryorig R1.

Real World, what performance benefits would:-
    1. I5-7600K have over the I5-3570K
    2. Ryzen 5 5600X over the i5-7600K

Not too fussed about pushing both to the max, just add a Mild Overclock on both, any comments would be appreciated.

Regards, Sven

2. keenan

Wise Guy

It'll be a small upgrade for your son as it's still a quad core and Intel's IPC gain have been reserved over the years. Saying that, I'll be a much bigger upgrade for you..

Also, why are you including the TR4 cooler bracket?

3. Sven69

Associate

Hi Keenan,

Thanks for the reply, he mainly plays DAYZ, Tarkov, CS Go & Rainbow 6.

Looking at the reviews i5-7600K seems to have a 20-25% advantage over I5-3570K, whereas the Ryzen seems to have a 40% advantage over the I5-7600K

TR4 Bracket will be used for my Cryorig R1 Cooler - its been a stellar performer & I dont want to get shut of it.

Sven

4. keenan

Wise Guy

But you'll be using the cooler on the same bundled motherboard listed in your basket, right?

If that's the case then the AM4 bracket should already be included. The TR4 bracket is for Threadripper..

5. Sven69

Associate

Yep,

Cryorig will be used on the Ryzen 5 Build.

I bought the Cryorig ages ago, before the Ryzen's were introduced so it didn't come with the required bracketry - so I will probably need the Conversion Kit.

Sven

6. EsaT

Capodecina

You'll need AM4 mounting kit.
    Threadrippers use entirely different far larger socket with far larger cooler mounting hole spacing.

And no sense to pay over £50 for cooler for that 7600K.
    In case of wanting performance, flat base of direct contact heatpipe coolers is also suboptimal for Intel's dented heatspreaders.
    (lots of solid base coolers have convex base)

7. Sven69

Associate

Hi EsaT,

Realised what I had done when Keenan Pointed it out.

The Cryorig is currently installed on the 7600K & the performance is outstanding, was going to transfer it over to the Ryzen Build but the AM4 bracket is out of Stock & has been on Back order for a couple of months.

Intention now is to leave the Cryorig where it is & purchase the Brocken for the Ryzen Build.

Sven