Upgrade advise - need to replace my Denon AH D2000 headphones

Associate
Hi All,

I have had my trusty D2000 for over 5 years and it's time to put them to bed and get something new as they are now very very worn out! My use of these will be via my PC (with external dac/ amp). I have my N5005 for when i'm out and about.

My listening preferences are quite broad but can say I very much like the fundamental sound of the D2000, particular the bass (and mine have been un-modded). And also the fit/ comfort. I am looking for a decent upgrade, don't really have a budget so any suggestions would be appreciated. Closed or semi-closed is a must as excessive sound leakage would be a problem. Quick look on-line suggests these might be work a look:
Denon AH 7200
SONY MDR-Z7
SONY MDR-Z7M2

I would also consider the SONY MDR-Z1R if they really are worth the price premium but these look to be in short supply at the moment, or maybe discontinued.

Thanks.

Soldato
I've got some D2000's as well. I had toyed with the idea of getting some D7200's when I heard Denon were making them, but I don't very often use headphone now; not enough to justify spending £500 anyway. :p

I've had mine 5 years as well, but they've probably had a lot less use than yours; as a result, they still look good. :D

Associate
OP
I've got some D2000's as well. I had toyed with the idea of getting some D7200's when I heard Denon were making them, but I don't very often use headphone now; not enough to justify spending £500 anyway. :p

I've had mine 5 years as well, but they've probably had a lot less use than yours; as a result, they still look good. :D

yeh it's a great headphone, definitely got my monies worth. The headband and ear pads have completely disintegrated on mine, and the cable is starting to look a little worse for wear. I was tempted to fix them up but decided to upgrade :)

I actually bought some steel series arctic 7 (wireless) last year. They are fine for gaming when i'm on discord and wireless is very nice. But when gaming on my own or listening to music i gravitate back to my D2000's as they sound sooo much better, and more comfortable!

Back
Top Bottom