Upgrade before changing monitor?

Man of Honour
I doubt an rx 570 will give you a 144 fps at 1080p in modern games , what games sre you playing and want to play. Also the state of the gpu market makes availibilty an issue.

Man of Honour
Associate
OP
The link shows what sort of fps ypu should get in division 2 at diffrent settings.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tw...benchmarked-20-graphics-cards-tested/amp.html

More demanding the game the better hpu needed so so grabbimg a 3060ti would be a massive jump in performance.

Could grab the monitor you want and go from there.

Whats your budget for upgrades
The only thing I haven't overally considered was a new gpu. I've been looking at a new CPU, mobo, memory but as the gpu was the last thing I bought (with the exception of a new case and cooler) I was hoping it would be the last thing I replace.

Associate
OP
Another question. Currently my monitor is 60hz. My max fps for Division 2 seems to be bang on 60fps. I assume the monitor at this point is throttling? If I bought a new monitor that was a 1080p (rather than 1440p) with a higher refresh rate, would that potentially improve my fps?

Permabanned
It's a close call whether to buy the monitor at the moment. 1440p is nice just because of having more room for browsing etc. You'd need an entire new PC, including GPU, to make the most of it in games. There's a shortage of hardware so now is a bad time to buy generally. I'd prolly lean towards waiting, you have a working PC, run it into the ground.

Soldato
27 inch 144hz 1440p freesync is the sweet spot, your 570 will power it OK whilst you upgrade the rest of comp when the world has calmed down.

Monitor progress is glacial, this will still prolly be a decent monitor in 5 years time

Associate
Another question. Currently my monitor is 60hz. My max fps for Division 2 seems to be bang on 60fps. I assume the monitor at this point is throttling? If I bought a new monitor that was a 1080p (rather than 1440p) with a higher refresh rate, would that potentially improve my fps?

It may not go to 120 FPS, but it will feel better in desktop and gaming may feel smoother.

To be honest unless you have super eyesight, best not to obsess with FPS. Just don't buy a 4K monitor and expect that to run at 120 FPS.

Personally I have retained my 1080 P monitor with 144 Hz, because my 980 Ti would not be happy at 4K, maybe 1440P.

Roll on NVIDIA 4000 series. Maybe they will have some stock in 2022...

Man of Honour
The only thing I haven't overally considered was a new gpu. I've been looking at a new CPU, mobo, memory but as the gpu was the last thing I bought (with the exception of a new case and cooler) I was hoping it would be the last thing I replace.
By far a new gpu will give your more fps and the biggest boost to your system if you get the 3060ti.

Monitor first and then if youe not happy gpu, cpu motherboard and memorry will probably give you a max 20% performance inrease in gaming where a 3060ti is at least twice the performance of the rx 570.

Associate
VA has good blacks vs IPS, but IPS has greater viewing angles with potential for back light bleed.

Best panels types best to worst, OLED, IPS, VA, and TN.

Samsung LED TV's use VA panels, and LG use IPS a lot. So as you can see VA is hardly a bad type.

Back
Top Bottom