• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Upgrade from a 770GTX 2GB

Associate
Hi all

I currently have an Asus Strix 770 GTX 2GB which has failed so I need a new card, as I wasn't expecting this I don't have a ton of cash to throw at a replacement so been looking second hand. I can see AMD 570 and 580s at pretty reasonable prices would this be a good call or should I consider other models?

Budget wise I'd like to keep it below £150, am happy with second hand and my monitors are 1080P so not super demanding. Currently playing Apex Legends, Borderlands 2 and planning to play The Division 2.

Thanks for any advice!

Soldato
Lots of 570 & 580s are going to be selling second hand for under 150, so I'd definitely look for that. Prioritise the Sapphire > PowerColor > XFX. In general I'd avoid the other brands tbh for AMD even more so second hand. Also take a look for 1060s 6gb versions, those are good as well, but look into which brands have transferable warranty or deal just with the serial number, in case of trouble.

Associate
OP
Okay great thanks for the advice, picked up a sapphire 570 on the bay for 80 which looks to be a fair performance increase on my old 770 and should hold me over till the end of the year when I plan a substantial upgrade. I'm still running a 2500k haha.

Caporegime
570s cost 130-150 depending on vram 580s start at 140-150 with 4gb vram brand new. you get 2 games with them which most people sell at moment for £30-40 instantly on members market. so basically £100 for a brand new card which will be twice as quick as what you have now. no point in 2nd hand in this range. just buy new sell the games. then you have 3 years warranty on something people want 2nd hand prices for. the 570 is about 970 gtx performance. the 580 is between 1060/980 gtx. brilliant value for money at moment.

Back
Top Bottom