• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Upgrade from GTX670 SLI @1080p

I'm sure this will upset some, so apologies for that, but decided I definitely want to stay with nVidia. So, thinking now, perhaps I should just sell my 670 2GBs (got a buyer already at £150 for both) and get a 4GB 970. That way I'm only forking out £150 and I can always get something better when pascal arrives (even if it's just a 980ti for less money).

You say you definitely want to stay with Nvidia but if you had got HD7950 or even HD7970 cards instead of those GTX670 ones you would have not been in your current situation LOL! :pp

If I were you and are using finance I would probably just wait until next year for the new generation 16NM cards.

Last edited:
You say you definitely want to stay with Nvidia but if you had got HD7950 or even HD7970 cards instead of those GTX670 ones you would have not been in your current situation LOL! :pp
True but the same can be said if I bought 4GB 670s :D Simply didn't need them when I bought them in 2012 I think it was. This is the reason I was originally thinking that I should cough up and get a 980Ti so that I can future proof it a little more.

If I were you and are using finance I would probably just wait until next year for the new generation 16NM cards.

I don't want or need to use finance, I was just hoping somewhere had 0% deals so I could spread out the cost a bit. 980Ti is probably overkill so I'm just trying to work out if a 980, or even a 970 with 4GB will suffice for my needs.

Have you considered members market on here? Several 980ti's have popped up on it lately for sale at pretty ok prices. You'd be getting a card that is still pretty much like new, and any reputable seller would be more than willing to help out with rma if something did go wrong. I've bought quite a few gpu's in the market over the years without any problems.

Have you considered members market on here? Several 980ti's have popped up on it lately for sale at pretty ok prices. You'd be getting a card that is still pretty much like new, and any reputable seller would be more than willing to help out with rma if something did go wrong. I've bought quite a few gpu's in the market over the years without any problems.

I have yeah, and the few at circa £400 have been really tempting. To buy from MM would require I have the cash now, which I won't until payday next week though ha.

If I see one at sub £400 I'd likely jump on it tbf.

Back
Top Bottom