• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Upgrade G1 Gaming 1080

Associate
Hello

Thinking about upgrading my graphics. I have the Gigabyte G1 1080 8GB card and have been very happy with it.

Do I:

1. Buy a second G1 1080 and one of those bridge things, to run two cards SLI

Or

2. Sell it on eBay and buy a GTX1080Ti?

As neither are really produced any more (unless I can find stock somewhere) I guess I'd be buying used in either case.

Q: On that note, is there a forum members buy and sell on here?

Associate
Hello

Thinking about upgrading my graphics. I have the Gigabyte G1 1080 8GB card and have been very happy with it.

Do I:

1. Buy a second G1 1080 and one of those bridge things, to run two cards SLI

Or

2. Sell it on eBay and buy a GTX1080Ti?

As neither are really produced any more (unless I can find stock somewhere) I guess I'd be buying used in either case.

Q: On that note, is there a forum members buy and sell on here?

I'd go with the 1080TI due to lack of support for SLI. If you have specific games maybe check they support SLI.

There is a marketplace but I think you need 1000 posts to access it, which is a pity as I'd like to use it myself.

Associate
OP
I'd go with the 1080TI due to lack of support for SLI. If you have specific games maybe check they support SLI.

There is a marketplace but I think you need 1000 posts to access it, which is a pity as I'd like to use it myself.

Thanks, I had better carry on building up my post count.

I'll pop it on eBay once I have a 1080Ti in hand. By the way, are there any particular 1080Ti that are considered to be 'best of the bunch' (I will be avoiding the founder edition/turbo cards)? Or is it the case that Aorus/Strix you're just paying for RGB? Similarly, any brands to avoid?

If they are all much the same I would just pick a Gigabyte card as it matches the mobo.

Last edited:
Associate
i upgraded from a 1080 G1 to a Aorus 1080ti when the 20 series prices were announced. Only cost me 150 to upgrade and it was well worth it, i game at 1440p so the 1080ti is perfect

Back
Top Bottom