Upgrade Options - 4K vs Ultra Widescreen

Soldato
I'm currently using 3 x BenQ 24" 60hz 1080p monitors shared between my gaming pc and work pc (work pc uses two of the screens).

I'm looking to change the setup as 3 monitors is just too unweildy and a PITA when trying to set up gaming anyway!

I initially thought of a 4k monitor, but as most of the time it will be used doing work, is there an issue with programs (Sage, Quickbooks etc) being too small to read, something with not scaling correctly?

The amount of desktop space is premium for me, having multiple windows open (Excel, word, accounts etc) is what I am after and then something that will look good for gaming on the side.

Permabanned
All i can say is ... I've a 1440 144hz monitor with a 4k next to it. I got one as I needed extra screen space but rarely use it as 2 x 27 inch monitors makes for a lot of head turning especially when everything is so small at 4k.

Im gonna sell both and get a UW, just have the 1 monitor. 2 x 27 inches is just a little too unweildly for me.

Soldato
Can you actually multi-task on single ultrawide though? I wasn't sure if you could properly split the screen in a way that you run games on one side of the monitor and, say, watch videos/TV on the other.

Soldato
Can you actually multi-task on single ultrawide though? I wasn't sure if you could properly split the screen in a way that you run games on one side of the monitor and, say, watch videos/TV on the other.

You could probably do that in windowed mode, but no I wouldn't imagine that would be a good solution. But 4k 16:9 would surely be worse?

Soldato

The LG series has a screen split option.

Soldato
Ultrawide, tried 4k but I'm sticking with Ultra.

On desktop apps I'll have 2 / 3 browser windows side by side without having to 'crush' websites down too much. Plenty of room to work.

Associate
The LG series has a screen split option.

might be a daft question but does that split the monitor into two and be recognised as two monitors? or just allow you split things down the middle.

im in a similar position with 2 x 24" monitors and considering an ultra-wide, by day its work, spreadsheets, emails etc, by night, gaming, discord etc.

Associate
My Acer will display two inputs at a time, either in split screen or PIP (Picture in picture). So if you connect two outputs from your video card and enable a multimode the GPU will see two screens.

Back
Top Bottom