Upgrade question...?

Associate
Guys,

Me and my wife have had the pixel 2's since 29/11/2019 and are tied in with EE on a 24month contract. We are really tempted by the Carphone Warehouse (EE) £39.00 a month S10 + Active Watch deal. If we go through Quidco, we get £80 cashback too. Our Pixels are in good condition and can be sold to cover upgrade costs. If I attempt to upgrade with EE, they want £87 per phone and their monthly fees are £55-£70 which is stupidly expensive.

The question is, If I take the plunge and buy the s10's through Carphone Warehouse, can I then cancel my contract with EE, pay an inflated upgrade fee (which will be covered by the funds from selling our pixels) but transfer our existing numbers over to the CPW S10 phones?

Thanks.

Soldato
If you cancel with EE, you will pay a fee which equals the number of remaining months on your contract, multiplied by the cost per month, minus VAT. You would request your PACs, thereby triggering the early repayment charge, port over to a non-EE 30 day SIM only and then you should be able to port back into EE. It might take a few days from start to finish.

Maybe there's a more straightforward way that someone else could suggest.

EDIT - note that the Galaxy Watch Active offer is not a Carphonewarehouse thing - it looks like a Samsung offer and is therefore available from many other retailers. How many months is left on your existing contract (i.e. is it a huge expense to buy out)?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom