Upgrade time, Blackberry and Orange?

Associate
I currently have a few days before my upgrades due, currently with T-Mobile and use a jailbroken iPhone with it.
On Flext 35 with W&W at £36 a month.

Not been entirely happy with reception over the past few months and even checking the online street check it says I can get 4 bars at my Girlfriends and guess what.....yep no service!.

So looking at changing to Orange, and getting a Blackberry Bold, or similar, had the iPhone since it came out and thinking about a change now.

So any tariff recommendations and any other phone 'spec mes' welcome.
Not interested in the Hero it just doesnt do it for me. Needs to be 3G though.
Heard mixed views on the Bold some people having over 11 handsets in 12months! is it really that bad?

Ta
Mike

Associate
OP
I have done nothing but review this allday and looks like im going with the Blackberry 8900 Curve on the Orange Dolphin 35 with the BIS.
Lack of 3G is a bit off putting but the cameras better with a 3.5mp rather than a 2.0mp on the Bold.
Seems like the cpu is faster and can expand the mem, so swings and roundabouts and from reviews its better to go with that for a first Blackberry.
Will probably buy a simfree Onyx once thats launched!

Caporegime
Ive had my Bold since last Dec...bought from a guy so second hand but ive never ever had any problems with it..midn you im always updating the firmware to the latest one.

The Bold is considered the best BB in their line up and now the Onyx is being released within the Bold line up....the 8900 curve is ok...nice phone but i couldnt live without 3G...but it was nice, small and lighter than the Bold but i definitely prefer the Bolds keyboard.
The 8900 curves CPU is not faster than the Bold...the Bold has the fastest CPU out of all the BB's...the Bold also has 1gb internal memory which is also expandable...i have a 16gb micro sd in mine at the moment...so where ever your getting your info from is wrong. The only thing the 8900 has over the Bold really is that it comes with 256mb of internal ram whereas the Bold comes with 128mb so the 8900 will seem faster but in reality it isnt;).

Ill be replacing my Bold with the Onyx when its launched sim free...hopefully by Nov time and use the Bold as a backup...im probably going to pick up the Storm2 as well as that looks pretty stunning.

Associate
OP
So in your humble opinion i should have got the Bold, the camera puts me off only being a 2mp, against the that of 3.2 on the curve, although deep down i keep thinking i should have gotten the bold as the 3g is something i think ill miss.
Orange arent being brilliant with the new contract and their emails are a bit cryptic, no real answer if they have the curve in stock.
I may shoot from the hip here and jump to Three and get the Bold and send the (if it ever turns up) Orange contract back!.

Caporegime
Tbh i dont find the camera on the Bold all that bad really...its similar to the iphones camera if anything so depending on the conditions it either takes pretty good pics or really rubbish ones...but honestly i dont even use the camera on the Bold all that much.

If i was you id stay away from 3...havent heard anything good about them tbh...your better off with Tmobile, O2, Vodafone and even Orange rather than 3...wouldnt touch them with a bargepole...id look around at peoples opinions on 3...they tend to be the worst out of all the networks from what i have heard.

Back
Top Bottom