• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Upgrade to RTX3080 on my system OK?

Associate
Some have suggested that a RTX3080 GPU upgrade on my system will not work. And also my PSU is not suitable for the extra power drain. Just confirmed directly from Asus that my system is suitable, and that my PSU is is fine. As long as you have a PCIe compatible MB that is OK. Minimum PSU should be 750w.
My system for those who cant see on phones or tablets:-
MB- Asus Maximus VIII Hero, CPU- Intel Core i7 6700K, RAM- 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz, PSU- Corsair 860w, Present GPU- Asus Strix GTX980Ti.

Associate
Some have suggested that a RTX3080 GPU upgrade on my system will not work. And also my PSU is not suitable for the extra power drain.
Could you clarify this please? Done a quick search but couldn't find the thread.
Btw, you're system should be fine, actually much better than quite a few mentioned in the Ampere thread :D

Soldato
Should be fine, I have exactly same mobo/cpu but decided to upgrade to i7 10700K in case of any bottlenecking issues and some futureproofing. So I am now down by £1300 with no new gpu to benefit from upgrades, magic!

Back
Top Bottom