Upgrade what I have or start fresh ?

Soldato
Asus and ASRock 370's basically give me multi gpu where the 350's don't ? plus a few other small differences.

.... But your looking at an ITX case, which has a single slot...

I believe only one that support Bitfurcation is Gigabyte ( ability to run one PCIe slot as two separate lanes on one physical slot)- though I don't know if that's only Intel boards .

The likely hood of running GPUs in tandem bar mining is slim, normally it's getting the fastest GPU model the getting another one , getting two lessor models can work out slower or redundant then the fastest single card .

Look like you might want to look at nzxt H400 or H700 cases, same style as the H200 but supports bigger boards :)

Soldato
Definitely want mini. Is it going to make any difference which MB I pick as I'm using two monitors ?

Just found this,

https://uk.hardware.info/comparisontable/products/403179-402611-417127

Nice chart, though in sure asrock has USB C support like the Gigabyte one....?
Again personally would choose gigabyte for reasons mentioned before.
Your dual displays would be connected to your current GPU which would be recycled from your current system to save cash .

Air cooled , remove to stock fans to front and then two RGB to top and rear to show lighting . Them and the cryorig are all controlled via nzxt CAM software.
Nzxt RGB fans connect to controller in the case where CAM can control speed and colour

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £938.58 (includes shipping: £11.70)

AIO - mount to front, slighting, pump speed and data all handled by cam , along with RGB LED strips that connect to the case

Total: £973.56 (includes shipping: £11.70)

Associate
OP
Can't afford it all in one go but I've dropped the memory to save a bit of money, would probably go for the 32gb in the end, the 450W power supply should be plenty ?

Total: £916.05 (includes shipping: £11.70)

Soldato
Can't afford it all in one go but I've dropped the memory to save a bit of money, would probably go for the 32gb in the end, the 450W power supply should be plenty ?

Total: £916.05 (includes shipping: £11.70)

i LOVE MY Bequiet... and you cna ask the others on this and they confirm, but PSU wise

Total: £80.45 (includes shipping: £10.50)

ten year warranty and main rival to FSP whom make the bequiet units, more wattage to give you better future life and higher standard if system is left on for a while .

personally, dont drop the memory! they will only get more expensive and you can only take two sticks! also their is no difference to the 1800x over the 1700x so money being waste.

best thing to do would be to buy the core parts... your case, mother board and memory- use your current PSU if you can afford to upgrade that and use the STOCK cooler provided by Ryzen 7 1700 model- should do fine till you build up funds for AIO

Total: £812.62 (includes shipping: £11.70)

if not, then you'll have to go with your 16gb kit, and sell at a later date and but a 32gb kit

DE
Total: £662.62 (includes shipping: £11.70)​

Associate
For raw image editing I'd recommend moving your working drive (where images will be stored, can be different to OS) to NVMe SDD. Video and image editing is where there is a notable real world improvement by using NVMe instead of SATA.

Associate
OP
Hi,

Me again. I know I was adamant in doing a mini-itx build but looking at the In-Win 301 case which what I was set on getting to start with, it's actually only 16mm higher than the NZXT H200i ! and nothing in the depth between the two. So thinking maybe go for the In-Win 301 and put what I have got now into it, give me a bit of a practice run. I can always get a new power supply now as well.

Soldato

Looks sweet ! Very nice case !

Recommend going with the Focus 550w at same price, shame, either today was £10 cheaper

Total: £90.49 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

Little louder then bequiet underload but nothing you'd really notice to be honest, has 10 years warranty. Love bequiet, have their PSU and are made by FSP- and all self designed, but their price point hurts and worth it for flagship units .

Also worth adding 3 fans , two at the bottom and one at the rear , get some airflow in , or even if it's just one at the bottom

Soldato
This any good ?

Total: £105.49 (includes shipping: £10.50)

It's an animal in terms of the length bequiet went through design , believe first wireless unit ( no wires internally connecting units ) and has a £20 silent wing fan on the thing :)

It's costly , but that's bequiet , and they have no intention of being otherwise as well haha .
Again little biased towards that as they have helped me out over the years .

Bit again, don't be surprised if others point you to focus unit above .
All down to tastes, pricing and branding at the end of the day.
If it helps both units RMA is in Germany, bequiet handled by bequiet and seasonic but a 3rd party whom have an xcellent reputation

Associate
OP
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom