Upgraded - now get issues when pc has been idle

Soldato
Upgraded my rig today from a ryzen 3600 to a 5700X and from a 1070ti to a 3080. Also changed from a 650W corsair to a 850w corsair psu. Nothing else has changed, mobo ram etc.

Memory has passed memtest no issue, mobo bios on latest version ( to support the cpu )

I havent done a windows reinstall but i could do - but if ive got to reinstall anyway ill probably get a new B550 or X570 mobo.

The rig runs no issues when gaming and in general use. But if i leave the pc for half an hour its not responsive. Mouse moves but buttons click and stay depressed and i have to hard rest.

Whats causing this? Ive updated all the drivers.

Associate
During this time is your pc going into standby, and by any chance do you have a second monitor/tv attached not powered on, mine had this issue with the last set of drivers once its gone into stand by out wouldn't resume and needed a hard restart.
It's listed in the current drivers as an open issue, possibility ?

Associate
I've seen a similar issue when some of the old GPU driver is left behind and you essentially have two versions running simultaneously. If I recall you shouldn't have to as the driver is unified for NVidia cards, but a clean GPU driver installation never hurts. Windows may also have helpfully tried to change it for you upon detecting new hardware.

Edit: From another angle, is something overheating or not applying a fan profile correctly? I used to suffer from lockups due to GPU overheat, the fan curve had reset in the driver and never span up above minimal (around 20%).

Associate
Glad it's sorted the issues, I wouldn't bother reinstalling as long as it's performing as it should, although I've not reinstalled in over 6 years now and upgraded to 11, although posting this somethings bound to die now lol.

Associate
Well new board installed friday evening and touch wood the issue seems to have gone away.

I didnt need to reinstall windows which was a suprise but i did need to reactivate it.

Will probably do a reinstall at some point tho.
Glad the issue has gone away. Would be good to do a reinstall but only really needed if you have some issues with windows itself.
Glad it's sorted the issues, I wouldn't bother reinstalling as long as it's performing as it should, although I've not reinstalled in over 6 years now and upgraded to 11, although posting this somethings bound to die now lol.
Hope you didn't just jinx yourself :(

Back
Top Bottom