Upgrades for Macbook Pro

Soldato
Right now ive decided i love my Macbook Pro now its got Vista on it,was wondering if its possible to upgrade the hardware in it?

For example:

GFX
Overclocking the CPU
Memory

And if so please tell me what i would need.

Already put a new better hard drive with a 32mb cache in it, after **** launching at me and breaking other one.

Wouldn't mind using it as a entertainment centre downstairs for games/films and such. Will be connected to a 50" 1080p TV, so i could do with a bit more humph from it.

Also it is possible to connect sound inputs into my home cinema surround sound isn't it?

Current specs of the MBP if it helps with anything:

* 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
* 1680 x 1050 resolution
* 2GB memory
* 160GB hard drive1
* 8x double-layer SuperDrive
* ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics with 256MB SDRAM

Thanks a lot.

Soldato
Not really a lot you can do. I had a MBP with that same graphics chipset and it is very limiting unfortunately.

Connecting it to a home cinema shouldn't be much of a problem but I wouldn't like to be using HD on it.

Soldato
OP
Thats a shame then, would have liked to of had a better graphics card for CO-OP/offline mutliplayer gaming downstairs.

Ah never mind, guess i wont hurt to go upstairs to proper gaming rig

cheers

Man of Honour
Not really a lot you can do. I had a MBP with that same graphics chipset and it is very limiting unfortunately.

Connecting it to a home cinema shouldn't be much of a problem but I wouldn't like to be using HD on it.

My core duo macbook pro plays HD content no problem, it'll be fine if that's what you want to do.

An SSD will help performance far more than the faster hard drive. And snow leopard may help if you don't have it already.

Back
Top Bottom