US kills Iran's General Soleimani

Soldato
Lots of videos from Iran protestors showing them ripping down Soleimani posters, also videos of security forces killing protestors.

Where are the sympathisers in this thread to defend these events? I'd like their expert input on the subject, they told me he was a hero and universally loved!

Caporegime
Lots of videos from Iran protestors showing them ripping down Soleimani posters, also videos of security forces killing protestors.

Where are the sympathisers in this thread to defend these events? I'd like their expert input on the subject, they told me he was a hero and universally loved!

Who did? I know I made the claim the Iraqi war hero killed in the US air strike was loved and supported by people in Iraq. I always thought Soleimani would have a 50/50 support in Iran.

Caporegime

Please quote all the posters who said he was "universally loved"

I hadn't even heard of him until less than 2 weeks ago.

Caporegime

Iran's Ayatollah calling for UK ambassador to be chopped into pieces now :rolleyes:

Can't you read?

The representative of the Iranian regime's Supreme Leader

And what he said according to news reports, rather than English subtitles is

In remarks carried by Eslahat news website, prominent hardline Iranian cleric Ayatollah Ahmad Alamolhoda also said expelling the ambassador would be "the best thing that can happen to him" as otherwise loyal supporters of a general killed in a U.S. drone strike would "chop him to small pieces".

Alamolhoda is the leader of Friday prayers in the eastern Shi'ite Muslim holy city of

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/01/14/world/middleeast/14reuters-iran-crash-cleric-britain.html

Last edited:
Caporegime
No of course it's outrageous that they've arrested him. I'd hope the UK government would do everything they can to extract him from that situation.

I'm just saying people should get their facts right.

Caporegime
Could you not be bothered because you are opposed to precision strikes against legitimate military targets? Or do you genuinely believe the General was murdered? If he was murdered, it would be a crime and Trump and his office should be on trial already.

I'm sure @Delvis was making these similar objections back when the Obama administration was carrying out targeted assassinations of Taliban leaders in Afghanistan/Northern Pakistan. He's totally not just jumping in with criticism of this one because of who the current President is.

Back
Top Bottom