1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

US Presidential Election 2020 - Trump vs Biden

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by BowdonUK, 29 Jun 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Geezer

Mobster

A Dominion letter would not bring that sort of response, they are practically saying they had a hand in providing misinformation on everything via their talking heads.

2. MartinPrince

Wise Guy

If you're interested into how LARPing became a 'thing' in relation to QAnon and Trump supporters then this short video by the Financial Times gives a good explanation.

https://www.ft.com/video/372cac40-0f6f-498b-8c19-7b635142296e

3. D.P.

Caporegime

4. Zuma

Wise Guy

With the BLM protesters, you also have the option of doing something about what they're protesting about, instead of just kettling them until the protest boils over into a riot.

5. Freakbro

Capodecina

Defund the GOP

Viewer discretion is advised though, as it contains swearing and other words likely to offend delicate individuals...

Like coup ;)

6. Nitefly

Man of Honour

I might start inverse-LARPing.

“Nitefly!! Where is that piece of work you promised!!”
    “Oh... right... I err... well I was actually LARPing that I didn’t have to do it...”
    “I see. Well, that makes perfect sense to me, carry on.”
    “Yes Sir!”

7. ElliorR

Sgarrista

So I'm assuming those that believe it was just a good old LARP think the dead police office is just excellent at playing dead?

8. Nitefly

Man of Honour

Yes. Going full-on indefinite pretend is known as an 'ultimate LARP'.

9. Apex

Capodecina

And the news that there was republican help before the event to get the terrorists into the building so that they can take it over, is also larping

10. dowie

Capo Crimine

Yeah, that's totally what has been argued.

11. dowie

Capo Crimine

A study that looks back as far as... oh April last year when coincidentally, that spring/summer, there were a bunch of violent protests all over the place and extensive property damage, several deaths etc.. Oh look the authorities have used force in response to the peaceful "wall of moms" at the federal courthouse... after days of being subjected to arson attacks, laser pointers aimed at officers eyes etc.. and of course this sort of protest blatantly used as a mass human shield for Antifa to hide among.

Meanwhile, in DC right now, national guard troops are all over the streets, funny how that happened...

12. VoG

Soldato

Not really, James Murdoch resigned from pops business back in July last year, that statement would carry a helluva lot more weight if it was old man Rupert releasing it.

13. The Geezer

Mobster

Thanks for the clarification, so James was LARPing a media magnate when he released that statement.

14. JeditOjanen

Soldato

It's amazing that the cops put in extra effort to attack the BLM protesters when literally all they have to do to fix the problem is work less.

15. dowie

Capo Crimine

Sure, that's the only problem here with BLM.

There was a case in Ireland recently where someone was shot after attacking people with a knife, he happened to be black, sure enough, a big outrage mob formed... get a big mob forming and you risk things escalating, see Tottenham a few years ago in the UK. The UK doesn't have anywhere near the level of police shootings as the US.

US clearly has issues with police training and there are various example of police shootings or other incidents where police officers in the US have made bad calls or been inept, it's hardly a race specific issue though, the threshold for using lethal force is still generally high, these are rare incidents and they happen to people across different racial groups as you'd expect, given crime rates and police encounters, there are proportionally more incidents involving black males, proportionally fewer involving Asian males... that's quite easily explained by crime states, as is the general observation that there are proportionally more incidents involving males in general - there isn't a "male lives matter" movement with lazy arguments that police shootings of men must be sexism.

Part of the issue isn't just the use of force by police, there is cross-party support for greater police accountability in the US anyway, but the way these cases are amplified and distorted by the media. See the Jacob Blake incident... it prompted a few days of fun and games in Kenosha involving Antifa/BLM and right-wing militia, and a few deaths... It was widely reported that he was unarmed (he wasn't), various key details were omitted and the outrage started... sports stars were wearing his name etc.. Turns out the guy had a restraining order as a result of a previous incident of sexual assault had turned up to his ex's house armed with a knife, fought police armed with a knife, was tasered by them.. carried on... had stolen car keys from his victim, went to get into a car with the kids in the back and was then shot. He doesn't seem to have since been charged (presumably because of the outrage), the cop however doesn't have anything to answer for... I can't imagine that, without the race angle/BLM stuff, an alleged sex offender who turns up armed with a knife at the home of his (female) victim would get much sympathy at all.

As we can see from the UK's Mark Duggan shooting or the recent shooting in Ireland it doesn't matter if the US dramatically reduces police shootings (and there is only so much they can reduce them given their gun laws) there will always be the odd incident... even if they were able to get down to UK or Irish levels, they've got a big enough population that at some point another black guy will be shot, good chance of it being on camera and protests can just kick off all over again. So long as you've got the right sort of media coverage to add fuel to the fire and a willing mob of people then...

16. Colonel_Klinck

Soldato

Lou Dobbs is certifiable. Idiots like this winding up Fox News viewers is what bought them an insurrection. I really hope Dominion takes Fox and characters like Lou to the cleaners. Maybe if he's living in a cardboard box at the end of it he might regret this dangerous rhetoric.

17. Lord-Jaffa

Soldato

18. Reality|Bites

Perma Banned

I'm saying nothing, defend Trump people complain and you get banned lol.
    It's as if Biden and Harris are going to create a new garden of eden of something? It's just the same group of rich people under a different name, nothing much will change.

19. EGuitarStar

Mobster

No new garden of Eden, just no Trump lies, stupidity, racism, fascism, denial etc.....

His inaction has lead to the deaths of nearly 400,000 people already due to Covid and a further 5 deaths due to his insurrection attempts. When does the number of deaths become too many?

Has reality bitten you yet?

20. Reality|Bites

Perma Banned

You can't blame covid on Trump c'mon now lol, Same as everywhere else, take the advice or don't.
    It's not as if he's a one man band, he has people behind him dealing with it.
    I wouldn't say he was racist tbh just treats every AMERICAN the same, it's the racists that play the race card when they don't know what else to do.

Last edited: 18 Jan 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.