USB 3 ports only working as USB 2

Associate
Hello everyone, first-time post.
I have a system build by OC with a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite MB and have recently bought an Oculus Quest 2.
I also bought a USB 3.2 cable to connect the two, but any of the USB ports I try to use seem only to work as USB 2 ones. This MB ought to have 4 USB 3 ports direct from the board istelf, but they still act seemingly as USB 2 ones as well.
I can make a weak connection this way, but cannot properly connect the two. A look in Device Manager shows no issues, but I can't find any port to connect to that shows as running as USB 3 speeds.
Any advice please?

Associate
OP
Well I have a USB keyboard and mouse, but they are in USB 2 ports, also built into the MB, and I don't think they affect anything, do they?

Man of Honour
Well I have a USB keyboard and mouse, but they are in USB 2 ports, also built into the MB, and I don't think they affect anything, do they?
Probably not, was just a thought if they were connected to a USB 3 hub.

Only other things I can think of, if you're using Windows 7 making sure you have the USB 3 drivers (shouldn't be a problem on 10) and try using an internal header rather than external, or vice versa.

Associate
OP
Thanks, though I'm running Windows 10 since setting this build up. Not sure what internal or external headers refers to, but as far as I can see the MB ought to run it's native USB 3 ports as that, but I seem unable to get any response other than USB 2

Associate
OP
Thank you Tetras! Turns out the chipset drivers was the issue. I had to have the MB replaced back in Lockdown 1 and hadn't realised until now they weren'd reinstalled during the process.
VR is full steam ahead, so thanks again!

Man of Honour
Thank you Tetras! Turns out the chipset drivers was the issue. I had to have the MB replaced back in Lockdown 1 and hadn't realised until now they weren'd reinstalled during the process.
VR is full steam ahead, so thanks again!
Great! :D Thanks for reporting back the solution.

Back
Top Bottom