USB C to USB Connection to New iPad from Older Laptop

Soldato
New ipad Pro has USB C which I knew about. I overlooked my old laptop and itunes connection via cable. My USB to lightening cable works fine. I think I need the apple USB C to USB adapter, plus a USB to USB cable to connect from my laptop to new iPad Pro. Is this correct, or is there a cable USB C to USB that will work on my older laptop.

Thanks for any pointers (checked Apple website but it wasn't clear as to what I needed)

Soldato
I hear 99.999% of cables will not work because iPad USB c is USB 3.1 protocol and flat won't work as a USB c v 3.0.

I heard this on a Mac podcast as a caller phoned in with the same needs as you and couldn't understand why it didn't work.......I think this is for data transfer but charging might still work I'm not sure.

Soldato
OP
Anker (who are usually pretty reliable) sell Type-A to Type-C cables that are described as compatible with the iPad Pro 2018.
Managed to transfer movies over to my new iPad from Infuse via browser and wifi. Using cloud as back up so not as critical as I first thought. Will check out the Anker cables (found them).
Thanks again folks.

Back
Top Bottom