USB Soundcard to fix background noise

Soldato
My mod mic 4.0 has some pretty poor background noise as well as needs microphone boost to be heard properly, my board is an asus rampage VIII Hero so not the best on board sound.

Budget is pretty much as low as i can get but i need something that will help lower the background noise. Anyone know of any decent USB soundcards on the cheap that'll help?

Soldato
Xonar U3 gets pretty good reviews and can be had pretty cheaply if you shop around. Just get it somewhere where you can return it incase I does not fix the noise but it fits the bill.

Soldato
Sabrent usb audio adapter.

It's £5 but works great with the modmic. I had the same issue with mine, needed boost for decent volume and even then had noise/hiss on it. Using the sabrent adapter it's perfect. I can't speak for the output side of it, as I still use my soundcard for that, but for just the mic input the sabrent adapter works great with the modmic.

Last edited:
Associate
Sabrent usb audio adapter.

It's £5 but works great with the modmic. I had the same issue with mine, needed boost for decent volume and even then had noise/hiss on it. Using the sabrent adapter it's perfect. I can't speak for the output side of it, as I still use my soundcard for that, but for just the mic input the sabrent adapter works great with the modmic.

Thanks, you just answered my question also.
I have a BM-700 mic with boom and it works perfectly when using skype or just recording the desktop. But I get a horrible buzzing sound when trying to record or stream games with the mic on.
The brighter the graphics, the more noise.

I'll order a Sabrent.
Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom