Use of a phone whilst driving

Soldato
There's one area that always seems to promote confusion, if you are driving and the phone is securely mounted, but you are using the touch screen (say looking ahead on maps for traffic or something) does this constitute using a phone while driving.

Instinct says yes, but how and why should that be treated any different than someone using a touchscreen interface for the cars own infotainment system.

Just a curiousity I've had and never seemed to find a definitive answer to...

https://www.gov.uk/using-mobile-phones-when-driving-the-law

Soldato
It's frankly ridiculous, there's clear evidence of him using a phone at the wheel so he should be prosecuted just as the law states.

Carragher should also report him for harassment, had this imbecile kept his window closed and his eyes on the road, his daughter wouldn't have been spat on.

Associate

Some of that does seem a bit counter intuitive, but I suppose there's always limits to how you can describe something within law.
So effectively using a securely mounted phone does not in fact count as using a phone while driving, but can still be treated as driving without due care.
It doesn't help when you have local rags like mine writing stories about how you could tecnhically get a fixed penalty for using apple pay at a drive through as the phone is in your hand.

Perhaps I'm just over thinking anyway, I use voice controls these days anyway now that phones have their own native systems for it.

Caporegime
I'm a Carragher fan. Not just football but he's a decent generous lad too. However he should be prosecuted for spitting.. He shouldn't lose his job though and the the other driver should also be prosecuted.

So a person who is on sky sports every day. A supposed role model for youngsters shouldn't lose his job for spitting on someone who said "unlucky" "2-1"?

He showed his true colours and he should be sacked as well as arrested and charged.

He has money though so will likely just lose his job.

Caporegime
But what makes this guy so special as to not get prosecuted?

This is a high profile thing at the minute and is sending out totally the wrong message.

He said he didn't want carragher to be charged. It's like a deal was brokered. If we can both get away scot free then it's good for both of us. Likely the police took a common sense approach, it's likely he would want carragher charged if he got charged so decided better off to just leave it as is.

Caporegime
OP
He said he didn't want carragher to be charged. It's like a deal was brokered. If we can both get away scot free then it's good for both of us. Likely the police took a common sense approach, it's likely he would want carragher charged if he got charged so decided better off to just leave it as is.

Maybe you are right. Still sends the wrong message out though.

Soldato
So a person who is on sky sports every day. A supposed role model for youngsters shouldn't lose his job for spitting on someone who said "unlucky" "2-1"?

He showed his true colours and he should be sacked as well as arrested and charged.

He has money though so will likely just lose his job.

No.. It sends the wrong message...**** up once and your out....No Let him be punished and have to VERY publicly apologise. But NOT lose his job no...Too far..

How do you mean true colours.. I'm not sure I've seen hundreds of reports of him spitting at people.

Caporegime
No.. It sends the wrong message...**** up once and your out....No Let him be punished and have to VERY publicly apologise. But NOT lose his job no...Too far..

How do you mean true colours.. I'm not sure I've seen hundreds of reports of him spitting at people.

Football has a lot of idiots within it. Players with low IQ but good at the game. Same goes for the fans. They aren't all like that but a lot of them are.

You only need to see the number of arrests at football compared to cricket or rugby matches.

Or the vile hatred and racist abuse fans shout at opposing team players or fans.

All the guy said was unlucky lad 2-1. That was enough for him to spit at him? He could have just told him to **** off. Spitting is disgusting behaviour. It's not as if he was even playing in the game. This is someone who should be used to being riled up. I mean he was a player for like 15 years? For him to react like that then it shows him for what he is. Just an idiot who managed to make it playing football. Sky should have nothing to do with him. They sacked those other pundits for less.

Soldato
Football has a lot of idiots within it. Players with low IQ but good at the game. Same goes for the fans. They aren't all like that but a lot of them are.

You only need to see the number of arrests at football compared to cricket or rugby matches.

Or the vile hatred and racist abuse fans shout at opposing team players or fans.

All the guy said was unlucky lad 2-1. That was enough for him to spit at him? He could have just told him to **** off. Spitting is disgusting behaviour. It's not as if he was even playing in the game. This is someone who should be used to being riled up. I mean he was a player for like 15 years? For him to react like that then it shows him for what he is. Just an idiot who managed to make it playing football. Sky should have nothing to do with him. They sacked those other pundits for less.

How do you know thats all he said? What had happened before the video..The driver was already videoing when he said ooh look jamie Carragher. That says to me he's trying a set up and something has happened before. Then very shortly afterwards his daughter says " Stop it now" implying that this has gone on long enough.. Not the 5 seconds or so before the spit

Like you said he should be used to it...How do you know this wasn't the final straw!! Jamie said he had been goaded 4 or 5 times up that road by the driver!!

Caporegime
How do you know thats all he said? What had happened before the video..The driver was already videoing when he said ooh look jamie Carragher. That says to me he's trying a set up and something has happened before. Then very shortly afterwards his daughter says " Stop it now" implying that this has gone on long enough.. Not the 5 seconds or so before the spit

Like you said he should be used to it...How do you know this wasn't the final straw!! Jamie said he had been goaded 4 or 5 times up that road by the driver!!

he probably makes several million a year from Sky.

he was a pro footballer making several million a year playing.

he should know by now haters gonna hate. he should have just said "nice vauxhall pal" then wheelspinned off into the sunset leaving him in a cloud of burning rubber and smoke. he is a representative of sky and the sport. doesn't matter if he wasn't at work when he spat at a fellow idiot, it's enough to bring his profession into disrepute and definitely a sackable offence.

Back
Top Bottom