Use old Xonar soundcard....

Associate
Or is on board sound on x570 motherboards as good?

I use headphones when gaming, but I mainly use speakers in my man cave - very loud

Currently looking to upgrade the rig in my sig,

Thanks

Soldato
Depends which Xonar. Motherboard audio could be as good as a DGX or DSX, but any Xonar higher up the chain will almost certainly be better.

I think most if not all use Realtek ALC1200 or 1220, but that alone isn't a guarantee all board will perform the same from an audio point of view. Electrical noise may play a part. That's one area where a sound card will likely do better.

Also depends on the headphones in question. Some need better amplification than others, and that is one area where motherboard audio is generally lacking.

Soldato
Depends which Xonar. Motherboard audio could be as good as a DGX or DSX, but any Xonar higher up the chain will almost certainly be better.

I think most if not all use Realtek ALC1200 or 1220, but that alone isn't a guarantee all board will perform the same from an audio point of view. Electrical noise may play a part. That's one area where a sound card will likely do better.

Also depends on the headphones in question. Some need better amplification than others, and that is one area where motherboard audio is generally lacking.
They actually use a C-Media chipset combined with an external DAC, if memory serves it's a CMI8786 on the DG and a CMI8788 on the DS, the difference being the CMI8788 has 192khz support.

Soldato
I have the Essence ST on Windows 10. Windows 7 it was rubbish and would cut out. It would power off after some much time in idle and had no way of changing it. If you disabed and re-enable it though it would click and come back to life. Win 10, no issues at all.

I'm using driver verson 8.1.8.1823, ASUS Xonar Essence ST Audio Center 0.3.0.68

Back
Top Bottom