Used car time!

Soldato
Hello, I've looked about - what sort of mileage does your car have, and what would be considered "normal" for this car / age.

On AT, I can only see A6s on a 2005 or later at < £6000 with more that 130,000 miles on the clock...

I bought mine last August with 118k miles, it's still running perfect now at 132k. Just make sure it's serviced and looked after and it shouldn't cause much concern. See below for gearbox...

[TW]Fox;26533811 said:
The Multitronic box is terrible and unreliable - I didn't think it was available on the 6 pot diesels anyway.

Sorry, i meant tiptronic, which has proved reliable on at least my model of car.

Soldato
OP
Hello, thanks for the suggestion - what are the running costs on this type of car, i.e. servicing, tyre cost etc? I assume that any issues would cost a lot of money to fix, what sort of thing should I look out for to try to mitigate a large bill, or common fault?

The ones I've seen for the type of money I have on Autotrader have 100k+ miles on the clock - should I be worried about the mileage on one of these?

What is the order of the trim levels - I guess classic is the base model?

Should I consider the E220, or is it underpowered?

Thanks very much!

Jez, if you see this can you offer your opinion please?

Thank you! :)

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Jez, if you see this can you offer your opinion please?

Thank you! :)

They are actually very reliable cars on the whole, I wouldn't worry about mileage at all as it won't be the mechanicals which give you any issues. Just do all the usual checks of the electronic systems.

Engine wise I'd personally go for a petrol v8 as these are what make a Mercedes a Mercedes for me, but all of the engines are good and all are reliable. I don't know what power/weight you are used to when it comes to saying whether any of them are underpowered. The gearbox is another reason to pick an e-class, they have the utterly excellent and ahead of their time 7G-tronic which is both fast and economical.

Good cars in my opinion, the best estate you will get sub £15k let alone this budget. :)

Soldato
OP
They are actually very reliable cars on the whole, I wouldn't worry about mileage at all as it won't be the mechanicals which give you any issues. Just do all the usual checks of the electronic systems.

Engine wise I'd personally go for a petrol v8 as these are what make a Mercedes a Mercedes for me, but all of the engines are good and all are reliable. I don't know what power/weight you are used to when it comes to saying whether any of them are underpowered. The gearbox is another reason to pick an e-class, they have the utterly excellent and ahead of their time 7G-tronic which is both fast and economical.

Good cars in my opinion, the best estate you will get sub £15k let alone this budget. :)

Is there anything else to look out for on the saloon version? I'm looking at buying from an auction and haven't seen an decent estate go through my local recently, but plenty of saloons. Looking at an 07/57 e320cdi

Back
Top Bottom