used samsung 830 series or a brand new drive of different brand?

Soldato
back to looking at more ssd drives as i see decent ones at okay prices.

the samsung is 64gb and is £30, the new drives are those 120gb models from £45, its not to replace my 30gb, its just another drive to try out, i know used prices are all over the place so some are not actually worthwhile, i do wish this samsung was available at the time as its only a tenner more than what my 30gb was which was an impulse buy lol, but the samsung is local to my devon home where im at this weekend and assuming its not sold i could buy it tomorrow, figured i could see what this slow laptop is like with an ssd in a way to test the drive works.

however if something like that is not worthwhile then i will wait and look at getting a new WDG 120gb, im not bothered about capacity, more about quality/performance and pricing or just try out one of those teamgroup 120gb for £30 listed in another thread?

Soldato
OP
Don’t know ha, I just wondered if those Samsung were still any good and if they were better than some stuff today, maybe I will just order one of those team groups, mean I don’t think I could better the sale of £30 for a brand new 120gb

APM

APM

Associate
You can pay £30 plus for a used 128GB Samsung on flea bay but why bother if you can get a sealed unit with warranty?

I'll go for a TeamGroup one next time I want a new drive,can't ignore them at that price,at least the 128Gb version.

Soldato
OP
I’m not concerned about warranty to be honest, 6 months to a year of standard issue is all that I ever need, I’ve taken out extra before to not have needed it so waste of money and I haven’t had much bad luck with parts.

It was more of the case of quality/performance, if I hadn’t seen the post about the team group then I would’ve been looking at the WDG 120gb as a new purchase as I like that brand, but sometimes older/used stuff can be better than new and Samsung ranges have always been highly praised I’ve seen which is why I asked the question, but I think I will just get the team group anyways as it sort of make sense.

Back
Top Bottom