V Rising - A Vampire Survival Game

Soldato
Got to say I am surprised that there is no thread about this game already ??

Seen some mentions about it in the What PC Games are you playing but it got to be more then 3 of us that playing the game ?? :cry:

Some saying it is similar to Valheim as in you kill bosses and build to advance your progress in the game. Personally not played Valheim but from what I seen this game is much better, although I am not that far into it yet. :p

What's anyone else thoughts about the game ??

Man of Honour
Its pretty good, it does some things better than Valheim and there are some things that Valheim does better. V Rising might have more longevity than Valheim though if the PvP side of V Rising takes off. Guilds warring over castles and land ownership etc.

However, as with Valheim, the key to success will be how much the V Rising devs support it. As long as content, biomes, decor, bosses, craftables etc come regularly then it will do very well, if however it goes months and months without new content then I imagine it will drop off and not be what it might have been.

Soldato
Yes but you can also playing it as a single player game if you wish. According to Steam it is Single-Player, Onlinv PvP, LAN PvP, Online Co-op, LAN Co-op.
More interested in the coop side for now as i have a friend who regularly games with me. Was disappointed with Elden Rings coop installation, it wasn't what we expected. If the Coop in this is anything like Valheims then we're in for sure.

Man of Honour
More interested in the coop side for now as i have a friend who regularly games with me. Was disappointed with Elden Rings coop installation, it wasn't what we expected. If the Coop in this is anything like Valheims then we're in for sure.
Its pretty much identical to Valheim , in terms of how multiplayer functions (though there are 38 world bosses to kill as opposed to Valheims 5 or 6? ) , if one of you hosts privately then you dont need to worry about other players messing you about either

Soldato
Its pretty much identical to Valheim , in terms of how multiplayer functions (though there are 38 world bosses to kill as opposed to Valheims 5 or 6? ) , if one of you hosts privately then you dont need to worry about other players messing you about either
Yeah we did this last time too and put a password on the private server just incase. Worked really and we spent nearly 4-5 hours a night just exploring, boss fights then moving on. The ship rides across the land was amazing haha, i miss it now that i think about it.

I haz 4090!
Don
The way I see it if a game is only known because they paid streamers to play it then...
a) it's pants
b) it's full of little kids

That‘s a little short sighted. Surely twitch marketing is just as valid as any other form of marketing? Why not use it if it’s there?

I played a couple of hours on Friday, have to say I do like the feel of it. Still getting used to the mechanics but yeah, decent. Going to chuck a couple more hours in after the footy.

Soldato
Yes from a marketing perspective it's valid, but only because it's a totally valid business strategy to sell a ton of copies of a game without the game having to be any good or survive more than a quarter. Maybe someday you'll be right and one of those games will be good, who knows. :)

I haz 4090!
Don
Yes from a marketing perspective it's valid, but only because it's a totally valid business strategy to sell a ton of copies of a game without the game having to be any good or survive more than a quarter. Maybe someday you'll be right and one of those games will be good, who knows. :)

Maybe someday “I’ll“ be right? I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make here. It’s a decent game, and wasn’t Valheim marketed in a similar fashion?

Man of Honour
lol naming another game which is pants and played by little kids and dead within a quarter doesn't rly help your point.
But lets analyse your post...

Most streamers do say when they are being paid to play a game by the devs, either verbally or by tagging their stream with the sponsored tag. The very few streamers I watched play it werent paid by the devs to play it.

Its not pants, its actually a rather good game imo, what are the mechanics in the game that you think makes it pants?

Do you have evidence its full of kids? And if it was, why wouldnt you just play it on a private server?

I'm just not seeing much evidence backing up your claims about V Rising..Amber Heard, is that you? :D

Soldato
But lets analyse your post...

Most streamers do say when they are being paid to play a game by the devs, either verbally or by tagging their stream with the sponsored tag. The very few streamers I watched play it werent paid by the devs to play it.

Its not pants, its actually a rather good game imo, what are the mechanics in the game that you think makes it pants?

Do you have evidence its full of kids? And if it was, why wouldnt you just play it on a private server?

I'm just not seeing much evidence backing up your claims about V Rising..Amber Heard, is that you? :D

You're required to inform viewers if you're being paid to promote something. It's a bit of a meme when someone asks in chat if their being paid to play some game they don't like.

Back
Top Bottom