Vaccines for India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Been told it's likely I'll have to spend around a month in Bangalore in the next month or two for work purposes.

Would people here suggest that I go for any vaccines? I currently have the usual UK lot (tetanus, polio, diphtheria etc) up to date.

Last time I was considering them (Typhoid / Hep A for Thailand) I was told not to bother by a doctor I know due to the fact I was staying in nice accommodation and being relatively sensible with what I was eating/drinking. This will also the case for the India trip (e.g. staying in decent international hotels, not drinking tap water, avoiding ice, eating in reputable looking restaurants only). However, I'm a little concerned as it seems more people visit Bangalore (from the company I work for) and get sick than those who don't!

Cheers.

Soldato
I wouldn't bother. I assume they have stray dogs there, they have everywhere I've been in India, just avoid quiet places at night. It's to late to get most stuff anyway now.

Just take some Imodium. I wouldn't assume because somewhere looks posh it won't make you ill eating there, it's just pot luck I've found.

If anyone else is going away and needs either rabies or Japanese encephalitis my advise would be do it when you get there (assuming you're going to be away for a while) and save yourself a few £100.

Soldato
In the late 80s I was working with someone who went and spent a couple of months in India and he really enjoyed it. He died a short time after getting back to the UK. Turned out he went out there without having any shots, caught something and died.

Get your shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom